Thirty-nine

Jaxton woke up, the smell of- Dylan's usual breakfast, pancakes and a shit ton of syrup and sugar filling his senses. He rolled over slightly to find the blonde was gone, he sighed before taking his first actual breath of being awake, he inhaled Dylan's scent- sweat, musk and a bit a lynx spray.
Crawling out of the warm duvet Jaxton looked around, he'd not been in Dylan's room for a long time, it had changed a lot.
His once blue wallpaper was now black and covered in posters that Jaxton didn't recognise, his light blue duvet was now also black and his carpet from the beige brown to black.
He walked slowly down the cream white carpeted stairs, opening the door to the kitchen he walked in, greeted to warm smile from Dylan's mum, and also Dylan's back faced to him, as he ate his what was presumably- chocolate shreddies.
"Jaxton" Julia grinned, causing Dylan's head to snap up- and his spoon to drop. "What would you like for breakfast?" she asked.
"I don't mind" Jaxton mumbled, taking a seat opposite Dylan. The two starred at each other for a moment until Julia spoke again "you can have anything other than shreddies, Dylan doesn't like when other people eat his cereal.
"He can have them if he wants" Dylan cut it, absentmindedly.