Strength

"And You Don't See The Pain, You Just See What's On The TV
When You Don't Let Them Keep The Change Then They Call You Greedy"
   August Alsina ft. Jadakiss + Anthony Hamilton x Job
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Carter's tattoo, Tai, and TJ in mm)

•Carter "C" James•

I woke up to a really bad pain in my arm. I looked at it, and saw that it was just the stitches Drew somehow put in my arm, after he pushed me into the glass table. Apparently the scar is going to be there for the rest of my life, and it's ugly. I'm really trying not to even think about that, and how it was actually Christmas when it all happened. For some reason my mom hasn't been home in a couple of days. I tried calling, but she won't answer, and I can't call my dad because Drew hasn't left the house and neither have I. And Drew doesn't even do anything. He's let me choose what to eat for dinner since mom has been gone, and doesn't even bother me. I wouldn't have a problem with him if he were like this all the time. But you know, he just goes and gets drunk and starts beating me and my mom.

"Drew?" I asked, walking down the stairs.

"What?" He asked.

"How much does a tattoo cost?"

"Depends. Why?"

"Cause this scar is pretty noticeable, and I don't want people asking what happened. So I want a tattoo to cover it."

"Oh. Smart girl." He said, patting me on the head like I'm some dog.

"So how much should I bring?"

"I'll give you the money."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he handed me his credit card.

"Why?"

"Do you want the fucking tattoo?"

"Yes, I want the fucking tattoo." I answered, being smart.

"Then go and get the fucking tattoo, before I change my fucking mind."

"I'll go get the fucking tattoo, and you won't change your fucking mind."

I grabbed my car keys and left with the credit card. Flawless Remix played on the radio, and you know I just had to sing along. Beyoncé and Nicki the shit. I started thinking about what kind've tattoo I'd get since I'm only getting this one to cover up a scar. When I'm older I don't really want any tattoos. I texted Tai and he said he'd meet up with me at the tattoo shop, he just has to bring someone. I don't really care, as long as it's not someone who starts stupid shit.

When I pulled up at the shop I got out and walked in. I saw Tai and he was holding a cute baby boy.

"Hey boy best friend! Who's this cutie?" I asked.

"My son. His name is TJ."

"Aww. He's so cute!" I cooed.

"You ain't gonna judge me?"

"For?"

"Having a son."

"No, why would I? Have people judged you before?"

"A few."