I Realize Now

"You Don't Know What I'm Feeling
I'm More Than What You Made Of Me
I Followed The Voice You Gave To Me"
             Beyoncé x Listen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     •Bria "Bri" Parks•

I got out my car and walked up the front steps. I haven't seen Carter since last Friday at school. I've been hanging out with Christian, his friends, and their girlfriends for the past week, so I came to check on her. I knocked on the door and Aunt Lani answered. I noticed a few bruises on her arm, a lump on her forehead, and her lips was puffy.

"Bria honey, I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?" She asked. Her voice was literally just above a whisper.

"I've been good. You?" I asked, touching her arm. She flinched and I drew my arm back.

"I've been alright. But don't worry about those bumps. I just fell down the stairs on Monday."

"You fell that hard?"

"Yeah. I was carrying stuff down the stairs and I tripped over a cord."

"Oh, well at least you're okay."

"Yeah. Carter's upstairs in her room."

Aunt Lani walked away from the door and I noticed she was limping a little. I walked up the stairs and went into Carter's room. When I saw her, my eyes nearly flew out my face. She had a cast on her foot, her shoulder was wrapped up, and she had a scratch over her eyebrow.

"Carter what happened?" I asked.

She simply shrugged and continued watching tv.

"Carter! Tell me how this happened."

"Nothing happened."

"So you just woke up with a cast, your shoulder wrapped up, and a scratch over your eyebrow?"

"I mean, if that's what you want to say, then yeah."

"Carter, please. Please tell me who did this. I know Aunt Lani didn't fall down the steps. Someone his hurting you guys. Just tell me."

"No! You don't know what I go through. You don't know the threats. The voice haunts me. And the worst part about it is, I can't tell anyone."

"Why can't you tell anyone?"

"Because he'll hurt me in a way I don't want to be hurt."

"You're a soldier Carter. Anything the person puts you through, you'll get through it. I'll be there to catch you and your mom. You just have to tell me who's doing this."

"It'll hurt emotionally."

"You can-"

"It'll hurt me even more mentally." By now I just decided to listen, instead of say anything. "I can't take what they'll wants to do if I say. The pain I'm in now won't compare to what I'll feel if it happens. I'll never feel the same. It would be my fault. Everything would fall on me because I opened my big, fat mouth. I'd never forgive myself, Bria. Would my family even forgive me?"

Carter's eyes searched for an answer, but I didn't have one. Just from the look on her face I saw all the hurt, pain, stress, and tears. It took me all this time to realize that Carter's going through something. Someone out there is hurting her, and is threatening something she won't let go. She can't let go. Something that...something that she's never been without. Something tha-- I just realized it. This person she adores. She can't stand the fact that she'd have to let go of this person one day. She's never been without her.

Her mom.

Her mom has been with her for everything. She supports Carter and tells her she'll never leave. The person hurting Carter and Aunt Lani is threatening Aunt Lani's life.

Whatever is going on with Carter I wouldn't be able to take. I would've reached my breaking point a long time ago. And the thing is, I don't even know how long she's been putting up with it. All the bullshit she takes, probably everyday could be her lifestyle.

"Wh-uh-how...how do you put up with it?" I asked.

"Fake it 'till you make it, I guess." Carter showed a crooked smile.

I hugged Carter and kissed her cheek. I couldn't even ask if she'd be at school on Monday. It'd be selfish. She's going through so much and I didn't even know.

Carter started drifting off to sleep and I didn't even realize I was crying until a tear hit the top of my lip. I brushed a piece of hair out of Carter's face then walked downstairs.

"Bye Aunt Lani." I waved.

"Bye sweetie."

I walked out the house and got in my car. I drove home and when I got out I ran into the house and hugged my mom.

"What's all this for? Do you want something?" Mom laughed.

"I love you. Every rude thing, smart comment, and bad attitude towards you, I'm sorry for."

"I forgive you, but what made you want to apologize now?"

"I realized people have it a lot harder than me. Some people don't even have their mom. I'm just thankful I get to come home to you everyday."
_______________________________

Annnnnnnnddddd I'm leaving the chapter at tht😭😭😭😭😭😭

...For now😈

This chapter probably answered a whole lot. It was meant to be a filler, but I think it covered too much to be a filler

I had a good day today bro. Like it was dumb funny in last period at school, and I was just in a good mood.

This is probably the first chapter I actually wrote in two hours. All the other ones took like a week bc I procrastinate😂

I'll try and stop procrastinating but until then👇🏽

Vote & Comment!!!

Love you all😘😘😘