Forever & Always

"Jesus Replied, 'You Do Not Realize Now What I Am Doing, But Later You Will Understand"
                                   John 13:7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            •Omniscient•

   Carter stretched, but stopped when her shoulder started to hurt. Thankfully, the doctor said I didn't have to wear the cast on her foot since she don't need it anymore. She. just can't put any weight on her left foot.

   Since she's last been to the doctors which was two days ago, Carter hasn't  gotten out of bed, so she really needed to stretch but it hurt. Wolf started barking when he saw Carter, so Carter figured he probably wanted to go for a walk. Carter threw on some clothes and grabbed the keys to the house. It wouldn't be necessary to bring her phone since she was just walking around the block. Carter put Wolf's leash on and tightened it, so it wouldn't come off.

"Where're you going?" Alani, Carter's mom asked.

"Just to take Wolf out for a walk. I'll be back."

   Carter walked out the door with Wolf right in front of me. In recent years, Carter hasn't been outside. Mainly because Drew claims 'Them boys gonna try and use you' when he is the one who uses her. Carter still talks to all of her neighbors that are her age when she gets the chance, though. When Carter walks out she sees the same group of guys she sees everyday. They looked at her and moved out the way as she walked by.

"Haven't seen you in a couple days. Where you been?" Adrian, one of Carter's friends asked.

"Inside chilling. You know I can't do nothing when my step dad around." Carter said.

"Fuck him. Move out wit ya moms."

"I only got one year left in that house anyway. It'll go by fast."

"Alright, bet. I'll see you."

    Carter nodded and continued walking. Just from these couple minutes, Carter could Wolf liked being out here because he always stopped to sniff something. At first she thought he was about to piss, but he keeps doing it so the only thing is, he's probably looking for something. They walked around the block once and when they got to the last corner Wolf went over to something and started barking at it. Carter went over and looked at it and it was a fucking gun! He sniffed it as Carter picked it up and made sure it wasn't loaded before she put it back down. Wolf continued sniffing, then he literally snapped his head up and ran towards the house. Carter chased him down the street, but he was obviously faster because Carter still had a hurt foot. She heard him barking his head off in front of the house and when she got there she saw that a window was broken.

    Carter picked Wolf up and when she got in front of the door she heard a loud thud. Carter swung the door open and saw Drew beating up on mom. Wolf jumped out her arms and bit Drew's leg. Drew kicked Wolf and Carter went and pushed Drew off mom. Before Drew fell off mom he pulled her arm down, so she fell too. Drew's hand wrapped around her throat as they both stood up. She was pushed into the wall with Drew's hand still around her throat. Carter started feeling dizzy and loosing consciousness.

"Stop! She didn't do anything!" Alani pleaded.

Drew's grip tightened around Carter's throat and he slightly turned to face Alani, "Shut the hell up."

"No! You're hurting my daughter! Get the hell off of her!"

Drew's grip tightened once more then he let go. "Who do you think you're talking to like that?"

    Carter fell to the ground and started coughing like crazy. Once Carter caught her breath she saw that Drew was beating up her mom again.