Home At Last

"So Let The Light Guide Your Way
Hold Every Memory As You Go
And Every Road You Take
Will Always Lead You Home"
Wiz Khalifa x See You Again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Kingston "King" Brooks•

I sat in my room on my laptop, still searching for my dad. All I got now is that he lives in Atlanta. I sighed frustratedly and went to Aunt Keisha's room.

"Aunt Keish." I sighed falling on the bed as she ironed.

"What do you want, boy?"

"Do you have my birth certificate?"

Aunt Keisha looked up at me and pursed her lips. "It's somewhere around here. Why?"

"Because I want to see if it has my dad's name on it."

"I honestly forget if it does or not. I don't look at it anymore because every time I do and I see your mothers name, it makes me tear up."

"You don't have to get it. Can you just tell me where it is?"

"It should be in my drawer over there." She said pointing. "And if it's not, then it should be in my closet in the brown box."

I went to the drawer first and started looking through it. When I didn't find it, I went to the closet and opened the brown box. As I looked through it, I saw old pictures of me as a baby, my old report cards, pictures of my family and I, ultrasounds, and then I found my birth certificate. I looked at it and unfortunately it only said my mom's name. I was about to put everything back, but I saw an old picture of my mom and some man. I picked up the picture and showed it to Aunt Keisha.

"Who this?" I asked.

"Wow." Aunt Keisha laughed nervously. "I remember that day. That's your mom and your dad."

     I looked at the man who's apparently my dad and was shocked. I could see our similarities right off the back.

"How many weeks or months was my mom when she found out she was pregnant with me?"

"About 6."

"Weeks?"

"No, months. Your mom didn't really show. When she was 8 months almost close to the due date, she looked 3 months. Some women don't show at all."

"But didn't she experience hormone changes, stuff like that?"

"Nope. Not all women get that. Some have a real easy pregnancy, and your mom was one of them."

"So when she found out about me, it was 6 months after her and my dad broke up?"

"Yes and when your father got back with that other woman, the other woman wasn't pregnant. I tried and tried to get your mom to tell him, but she was scared that he'd reject her and you, so she never went. When she finally decided to call him, he told her that his girlfriend was 3 weeks pregnant and she couldn't call his phone anymore."

"So I have a sibling that's 6 months younger than me?"

"I guess so."

"Can police departments scan pictures and find people?"

"I think they can find out their name, but that's really it."

"I'm going to the police station. I'll tell you what–" I stopped and thought for a second. "What's his name?"

"Your dad's?"

"Yes, my dad."

"I don't know."