Meet The Family

"And Yeah We Break Up
I Break All Your Stuff
That's Just How We Love
We Keep It So Hood"
                     Sevyn Streeter x I Like It
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     •Cori'Anna "Cori" Braxter•

I sat at the table with Crystal, Christian, and Cameron eating breakfast and watching 'The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air'. Of course my mom and dad were here eating with us like they hadn't missed Christmas, New Years, and Crystal's 20th birthday. They thought they could make up for it by getting us all hoverboards, Rolex's, and the IPhone 7 early even though none of us wanted it because it didn't have the damn headphone jack. Apple done played themselves everyone gonna be getting Samsungs this year. We made them take it back and get IPhone 6s's. Camryn doesn't even want a phone and she's only 8 so she doesn't need one. We were still turnt over the holiday's though. Basically our entire family lives in Louisiana, so you know when we saw them it was like a family reunion. On Christmas we were literally cooking for most of the day and when we were finished our family was just getting in so we were watching basketball for most of the day, and on New Years Eve we had a party and were just playing games all day. I don't see how my parents don't like going down there, it was the first time in like 6 years since I've been down there and I was just glad to see everyone. Plus us as siblings bonded and we really needed that.

"Did you guys have fun over your winter break?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." We all answered.

"Good. We're sorry for again for not being there."

   We all nodded and continued eating. For some reason I felt the urge to tell them about my boyfriend. I already told Christian, so it's no need in hiding.

"I have a boyfriend." I blurted.

All eyes fell on me as I waited for a response.

"A what?" My dad asked.

"A boyfriend."

"What's his name?"

"Jah."

"The hell? What kind of name is that?"

"His. I mean his full name is Jahron, but he goes by Jah."

"We're meeting this Jah person today. Christian are you still with that Bria girl?" Mom asked.

"Yeah why?"

"No reason. Just shocked."

"Shocked over?"

"The fact that she hasn't done something so horrible to make you break up with her."

"I'm done my breakfast. I'm not going in the limo on the way to school, so don't wait up for me. Keep throwing jabs at my girlfriend and I'll keep distancing myself." Christian simply said getting up from the table.

"I want to go to Christian's high school next year." I randomly said.

"Cori I don't have time for this now, and neither do you. Go get ready for school. You too Camryn." Dad instructed.

    They were obviously upset about what Christian said. I would be too, but I understand where he's coming from. Mom and dad are always saying something slick about Bria, and he has to defend her everytime because they'll never say it to her face. They'll say some rude stuff to her face like when we first met her, but the stuff they say when she's not around is just horrible. That's the kind of stuff that'll get your ass beat in high school.

    We all got up from the table and went to our rooms. Before I went to mine I went to Christian's because he was really pissed. His door was open, so I just walked in. He was just laying on his bed on his phone.