I've Met Princess Petty

"In And Out My Life
In And Out, Baby
Tell Me If You Really Love Me"
Michael Jackson x Love Never Felt So Good
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    •Layla "Lay" Grayson•

  Bria, Malia, Cori, and I sat at the table talking. I was bothered by the fact that when Malia and I were introduced to each other Malia was introduced as her best friend. I'm still Cori's best friend and I know that because she said it. I'm also bothered by the fact that I'm sitting across from Christian's girlfriend.

"So if my boyfriend lets his friends disrespect me then what should I do?" Cori asked.

"It depends on how they're disrespecting you." Bria said.

"They say stuff like 'Jah get your bitch she being annoying' or 'Damn you sexy why you with Jah ugly ass' or 'Call me daddy' or 'I already fucked your mom and sister'."

"What does Jah say back?" Malia asked.

"He laughs."

"Ignore it. They're probably joking anyway." I said.

"No you dumb piece of shit. Cori don't listen to her. If you don't like it tell Jah, and if he doesn't do anything then break up with him. No man should let someone disrespect his girl, friends or not." Bria said.

Did this bitch call me a dumb piece of shit? Who the hell does she think she is disrespecting me like that? I plucked her on the side of her head and rolled my eyes. She turned around and plucked me back. I swatted her hand and lightly pushed her.

"Listen here ugly piece of shit. I'm not the one to be messing with. Especially right now. Do not call me a dumb piece of shit ever again." I said pointing my finger in Bria's face.

When it comes to me and my smartness I don't play around. If you disrespect me I will disrespect you right back. I got up and walked away. I went left the mall and started walking home. Honestly I didn't mind walking even though it was kind've cold. I knew my mom had work and I wasn't going to call my sister to pick me up.

  As I was walking it had started flurry. The snow looked pretty just floating from the sky. I had a report in English and I had to compare it to one of the seasons which I actually think is pretty stupid, but just walking home is giving me all these ideas. I also remembered that I had to be home soon because my mom was leaving for work soon. I mentally cursed myself for staying out so long. I started walking faster and then a car pulled up next to me which made me walk faster. The window rolled down and I felt like crying. Since what's been going around with people getting killed, especially unarmed, innocent black people and I was an unarmed, innocent black person I've been scared to walk home and stuff.

"Layla!" I heard Cori shout.

  I looked at the car and realized that Christian was the one driving and Bria was in the passenger seat.

"Yes?" I said.

"Get in the car."

"I don't think I'm welcomed."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because I'm a dumb piece of shit."

"Don't worry about Bria, ok? She says stuff all the time. Just get in the car."

  I shrugged and got in. I was in the back with Malia and Cori, so I figured Camryn was still at the mall with Crystal. Christian looked at me through the mirror and studied my face.

"You cold?" He asked.

"Kinda." I didn't want to make it seem like I was freezing which I was so that's why I said that.