3. vacuum

N

"Hey, Niall?" I hear Ava calling me as she opens her door slowly. It surprises me how soft she sounds right now. She's usually loud... and kindly rude. I peek my head out from the kitchen to wait for whatever she was about to say.

She fully comes out of her room, with the navy blue soft slippers I gave her last Christmas and her oversized pink, the color she hates, Australia shirt and her black cycling shorts. I sigh, knowing I can't do anything to change how she clothed because I know how comfortable she is in that.

"Yeah, Av?" I turned the fire from the stove down, wiping my hands on my apron as I walk out of the kitchen. I suddenly see Ava's lips trembling. I rush over to her, enveloping my 16 year old sister in a tight embrace.

"Hey, love. What's wrong?"

"I feel like shit." She whispers. I lean back a little and look down at her, she has teary eyes but they didn't fall.

One thing I noticed about my sister is that she doesn't cry. Even if it's all too much. I've seen her when her best friend passed away when she was 13, but she didn't cry. She just looked sad and devastated but she didn't break down.

As much as it doesn't sound too concerning to others, it does to me.

"Do you want to do something today?" I let go of her as I walk back to the kitchen to finish cooking breakfast.

"Nah, just want to stay in today." She plops down the chair on our kitchen table, staring at the squeezed lemon juice I prepared for her. Like how I do every Saturday morning when mum isn't around.

"Do you want some honey with that?" I quietly ask. I turn around and I see her walking towards the cupboard and grabs the honey, pouring an amount to her glass then towards the water.

A few minutes later, as I set our breakfast on the table. After doing that, I check my phone seeing as it's just 7:45 am. I go to our storage room and look for the vacuum.

"Jesus." I mutter as I struggle to pull the vacuum out. Once I have, I managed to vacuum my room in just 15 minutes. Neat.

"Ni, can we eat breakfast? I want to stay in all day." I hear Ava as she comes closer to the closet, where I struggle to put the vacuum back in, by the way.

"Yeah, okay." I walk out of the closet and go straight to the kitchen, seeing as Av has already set everything. Wow, the puns.

As Av and I eat quietly, Louis comes barging in holding up three cups of I'm not sure yet. Must be tea latte, coffee or just hot chocolate.

"Good morning, babe." He takes a seat next to Ava and winks at her. My sister chokes a bit and blushes before muttering good morning back.

I roll my eyes at him, "Louis, she's 16." I grit my teeth.

"You know, when you say things like that, makes me wonder if you won't mind me when she turns 18."

I roll my eyes at Louis, I know he was kidding. I mean he better be or his sculpted ass will lose its shape. My sister just ignores him, as usual. My sister ignores everyone.

I invite him for breakfast but he declined, maybe he ate on the way here.

"So, why are ya' here mate?" I ask as I push my chair back to place them on the sink.

"Leave it, I'll wash." My sister, interjects. I nod my head and wait for Louis' answer.

"Thought we could hang out." Louis says, looking around, avoiding my eyes, as if he was hiding something, which I'm sure he was.

"And?"

"Together with Liam and Harry and before you say no, just know that I will pay for your lunch and I'll give you a foot massage and Niall, I'll clean your dog if I have too!" He breathes deeply. I stare at him.

"I was going to say yes, but seeing as you have other conditions, I'll still say yes."

"With Harry aye?" My sister wiggles her eyebrows and winks.

Ugh.

___________
hope you're not too uncomfortable with niall being
a big brother

vote.comment.share