4. just... friends

"Shouldn't you and Harry be in community service today?" I ask. We were driving our way to Liam's house where we'll meet Harry, unfortunately.

"Nah, they moved it the next month." Louis and Harry got into community service as they got in a fight with someone in the university.

After a few minutes of silence, I ask again, "Don't you have anything to do for uni today? Like papers and such?" Louis groans and gives me the finger as I snicker.

I know he knows that I know how he hates it when we bring stuff from uni up.

"So, what's up with you and Liam?" I smirk as Louis' eyes widen. He glances at me for a second before looking back on the road. He smiles a little before shaking his head.

"Nothing. Just... friends?" He tilts his head to the side. Oh wait.

Oh.

"Oh." Louis blushes before hitting me on the chest. I laugh loudly as he just smiles, shaking his head.

"I feel like, he likes you." I say. Louis scoffs. I scoff back.

"Child." He grumbles playfully. I give him the finger but he swats my hand. I pout and he cringes at me. Asshole.

"What makes you say that?" Louis asks.

"Eh, I feel like he's too kind for that. But on the other hand, I didn't expect him to be that kind of friend. But, Liam seems genuine." I scoff, "I feel you'll be the last one to reciprocate the feelings, even."

✧✦✧

"Oh my god! If you weren't talking and bossing me around, we would have won, you loser!" I shout as I bury my face in the push pillow.

"Well if you didn't suck so much at FIFA then I wouldn't have to boss you around." Harry answers slowly and smugly. That bitch.

"Oh, I suck at FIFA?" I take 100% offense to that.

It's a tad obvious.

"You know what else you're good sucking at?" He smirks and winks. Louis and Liam laugh but they immediately hide it through coughs.

"Why do you always have ta make perverted jokes!" I say as I stand up from the bean bag.

"Oh come on, Horan. I get that you're straight and all but you're just so ho-"

I throw a pillow at him and he just laughs very hard and I try my best not to hit him with another one. Before I know it, Louis stands up and pulls me and Harry close.

"I think it's time for a session!" Louis shouts. Harry and I look at each other then back at Louis.

"What are you–"

"Complimenting!" Louis chirps.

"Dear God, no."

Louis flips me off again but I ignore it. Harry and I take our seats as Louis and Liam tell us so.

"I think you both know how to compliment each other, don't you?" Liam smiles. They both take a seat in front of us and Louis just looks at me. The sexual tension is as thick as Harry's head. And no, not the head; just the head... where his brain should be, jesus.

"Nope."

"Not a chance." Their smiles drop and Harry and I just shrug.

Liam then smiles brightly before nudging Louis with his elbow. Louis raises his brow as if asking why he did that.

"Louis and I will do it first and you do it after!" I then see Harry nudge Liam's foot with his and a smirk on his face. I nudge Louis' shin, subtly wiggling my eyebrows when Liam wasn't looking.

"I'll start." Liam says softly as he looks at Louis' eyes.

"I, uh, your laugh is uh, very cute." Liam blushes and looks at the floor, possibly forgetting two people who despise the other are right next to each other watching them.

"Oh, yeah, uh thanks." Louis laughs nervously. He then looks at Liam and continues, "Your eyes are pretty." If I were Liam, I would have been swooped right there since Louis delicately said it and his voice sounded so kind. Which, he isn't.

Liam then flicks his eyes to Louis' lips and as they were about to lean in, Harry and I push their foreheads away from each other because, obviously, we wouldn't want to see them snog right in front of our faces.

"Uh, uhm, yeah. So that's all." Harry and I snicker at our blushing friends before realizing we have to do the same. Louis and Liam motion us to look at each other.

I can't help but notice how nice Harry's eyes are. Light green with a darker shade outlining his irises.

"I'll start." Harry smiles sweetly at me, which makes me roll my eyes.

"You... You, uh... You have an annoying laugh, Horan." He clutches his heart and sighs deeply.

I say dreamily, "You have the biggest toe, Harry!"

"I cannot." Louis stands up and Liam leaves with him.

"They're gonna have sex." I say flatly, slumping back on the couch.

"When are we?" Harry smiles with his mouth closed and his dimples showing.

"Unbelievable."

_________
double update bc the previous chapter sucked and bc i'll be moving in a few days so it'll be v v busy
hope you love this one

vote.comment.share