8. no, no, hell no

N

"Niall!" I hear Dr. Cody call me from the treatment room. I leave my spot, that being the counter. I see Troye and Connor rearranging cat food and vitamins for reptiles as I pass by. I come in and I smile at Dr. Cody.

"You wanted to see me?" He smiles and nods. Dr. Cody motions for me to sit and I do so.

"Yeah, just wanted you to know we'll be closing in a few minutes. I have one last appointment for Mrs. Wills. So, when she comes, you can leave right after. And tell Troye and Connor as well. Also, can you three check upstairs if the place is clean and well maintained? Dave and Colin were supposed to come today but they had exams. So did Ailis and Esther." I chuckle and nod.

"It's no problem! Bye, Dr. C!" I say before I shut the door behind me. I walk towards Troye and Connor who were now spread out on the boxes.

"Is it that exhausting?" I ask them.

Connor breathes out deeply and glares, "Don't underestimate our job." I chuckle and sit next to them.

"Yeah yeah. Listen, we can leave right after Mrs. Wills come in and after we check upstairs for maintenance and cleanliness." They both nod and we stand up to get ready.

As the door opens, I turn around to be greeted by Mrs. Wills and Cain, the rabbit.

"Hello, Mrs. Wills!" I walk over to her and she brings me in for a hug.

"You get more handsome every time I see you!" She claps her hand in delight and I smile at her. Mrs. Wills is an old lady, probably 60 something with white hair and all.

"Well, isn't it the queen of England!" Connor says as he approaches us. Troye laughs and hugs Mrs. Wills too.

"Oh stop it, Connor." Mrs. Wills laughs. Troye takes Cain from Mrs. Wills and babbles at it.

Mrs. Wills was this friendly as we first started here.

"For a bunny, I think it's pretty cute your name is Cain." Troye says pressing his face towards the grey bunny.

We then lead them to Dr. Cody and go back front to pack up and fix everything. After that, we go up and check the Pet Hotel. It's a great part time job. It's fun.

"So, where you up to?" Troye asks as we walk down the streets.

Liam sent me a text saying Harry's parents aren't home and they're probably playing FIFA right now.

"Maybe Harry's. You?" I look at them. Troye entwines their fingers before shrugging.

"On a date."

Connor coughs and stops walking. He's behind me and Troye now so we look back at him.

"That's very romantic of you to ask me out." I chuckle as we start walking again, kicking a few pebbles along.

"Who said I was going to ask you out?" Troye asks teasingly, slightly smirking. Connor scoffs and pecks his lips and I just smile at them.

I smile because that's a third wheel's job.

"I said." Connor says.

"Are you sure nothing's going on between you and Harry?" Connor asks once he looks at me with a straight face.

"Con–"

Troye cuts me off anyway, "Like did you date before? Did you fuck? Is there a sexual tension?"

I scoff and laugh. Really?

"No, no and hell no." Troye and Connor share a look before nodding slowly, not believing me one bit.

________

you might wonder why im updating so much

it's because i had a long weekend and rn i should be doing a paper about the movie review and dear lord it's not in english and i cant speak filipino very well

bless me, i apologize dr. jose rizal

AND ODMSHAIA, next chapter wink wink im getting the
feels thinking about it already