TBNGBHAB...Chapter Eleven

That Butt Naked Godly Being Has a Brother!

As always for my beautiful brother Jacob, keep on dancing in the stars Bubs,

and also to the 19 firefighters lost fighting the Yarnell fire in Arizona 5-30-13. The best are always lost too young.

Previously in Chapter Ten

Nicole opened her mouth as if to say something, but closed it once more and continued staring blankly in my direction. Laughing softly under my breath, I shook my head and waited for her to gather her words. After a few more moments Nicole laughed softly, awkwardly, "He did what!" She all but exclaimed, shaking her head as she let my words sink in.

I smiled at her reaction, "Well he obviously thinks it was more than a kiss..." I told her, opening my mouth to continue talking, but fell short at the sound of feet running up the stairs, before a frantic voice reached our ears, successfully waking Colton up from his peaceful sleep, drawing a long wail from his little body.

Shooting up from her spot on the bed, Nicole grabbed Colton in her arms and began bouncing and soothing him as both of us stared at the door confused, "Corey? Nicole?" The unfamiliar male voice called through the door, confusing the both of us beyond words.

Chapter Eleven

Frozen, the two of us stayed locked on the door, not moving in the slightest, our breaths coming slower as well, Colton the poor child the only real sound filling the room.

"Seth sent me Corey, Nicole. I know you both don't know me, and I won't ask you to open the door, but I'll be here if you need anything, my name is Ren," He called through the door.

Me and Nicole instantly met eyes, "Ren?" Nicole mouthed, obviously raking her mind for an idea of who Ren might be.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Should I call Seth?" I asked her softly, not really wanting to bother him as he investigated the young girls death, but nervous about the man standing outside our door.

Nicole shook her head, "No, he most likely doesn't have his phone on him, that boy is bad about keeping it around, I'll call Carter, I'm sure he's with Seth and can ask him if he sent this guy," She told me, grabbing her phone with her free hand as her other still cradled Colton.

Shaking my head, I refused to let her balance a phone and her child, "Let me," I took her phone from her hand and dialed Carters number, holding the phone to my ear and listening as the phone rang through my ear. Just as I though it was going to go to voice mail, the ringing stopped, "Nicole?" Carter's voice that was completely out of breath filled my ear.

My heart swooned at how worried he sounded for a girl who wasn't his mate, "No Carter it's me, Corey. I didn't want to call Seth because I assumed he'd be busy, and knew you'd be with him." I told him softly.

Carter breathed deeply, and the muffled voice told me he was informing Seth that I was on the phone, "I am, he's about ten feet away from me," He told me.