Chapter 19

Recap:

Looking at our intertwined fingers I thought about what this means for our future, if we even had a future, which I REALLY hope we do.

Finally I ripped my gaze away from our hands and braced myself for what will probably be one of the most tiring days of my life.

Chapter 19

Stepping out of my car and into the school parking lot was exactly what I expected; everyone froze and just stared at me questioningly. They stayed like that till Deven, Dylan and Matt all stood by my side and basically escorted me to the entrance of the school, glaring at anyone who looked at us funny. Sure it was nice of them and all to keep their promise of being there for me, but did they really have to act like my freaking body guards?

The stares continued while I walked across the parking lot until someone broke it with an excited scream. Knowing who owned that scream I turned around to face an overexcited Emma running towards me, and before long I was running and screaming at her too. We slammed into each other in a tight embrace and surprisingly started crying. I never realized until now just how much I missed my best friend. A wave of guilt came over me as I remembered just how little I thought about Emma the whole time I was away.

“I’m sorry” I whispered to her, still in the embrace. Suddenly she pulled apart and hit me on the side of my head; I recoiled from shock and looked at her furious expression. “Hey! What was that for??”

“Don’t you EVER scare me like that again!” She yelled in my face, “Do you know how worried I was?! Do you know how worried we all were?! We were running around looking for you for days and you never showed up…” Her voice was getting softer and sadder, “I thought I lost you…”

Her broken expression by the end of it had me back to hugging her in a second, “Emma no, of course I’ll never let it happen again! I’ll be careful, SUPER careful. And I have all these big bad boys behind me to look out for me too. I promise I’ll never leave you again like that.”

Emma looked me in the eye for a long time then said, “Ok, I just had to make sure you meant it, and if you ever need a girl to talk to about what happened you know im here for you right?”

“Ya I know,” I told her then smiled, “Come on lets go, we have to get Deven signed in with the office and everything before class.”

We turned to go over to the guys but not before Emma whispered, “Oh, and don’t think you’re getting away with not telling me about what’s going on with you and that hot piece of ass over there” she pointed at Deven and I flushed slapping her hand down before he saw her pointing.

“Later” I whispered harshly before speed walking away trying to get away from the conversation, but knowing it wasn’t over.

Once we got over to the guys they resumed their body guard like passion around me, “Guys, I know your only trying to be nice and protect me, but can you back off a little your suffocating me.” They stepped an inch away. “A little more…” Another inch… “A little more” Another inch… “Perfect, thank you” Then we continued walking.