Chapter 23

Recap:

“Ok, what are we going to do?” I questioned.

“I can’t tell you that. It has to be a surprise.” He saw I was about to protest and cut in before I could say anything, “And no, don’t even try to persuade me because I won’t tell you.”

I saw the determination in his eyes and knew I had lost. Seeing the others coming up to the table I slumped back into my seat, pretending to be mad that he wouldn’t tell be, but fail because of how happy I was. I’m Going on a date with Deven!

Chapter 23

Why is this not going right!? I mentally yelled at my reflection in the mirror. I’ve been getting ready for my date with Deven for 2 hours and I still can’t get this one curl to go right, all the rest look fine but one of the ones right in front where he’s going to see just isn’t going right. I groan in frustration just about to give up when Emma came bursting through my door. She rushed to my bed and dropped the loads of stuff she had in her arms before turning to look at me.

“Thank god I got here in time, we cant have you going on a date looking like this!”  She said flustered and ran over to myside, taking the curling iron and fixing the curls that I’ve been having issues with in one try. “You aren’t even dressed yet.”

I looked down at my jeans and plain t-shirt and couldn’t see her problem with my out fit, “Yes I am, he said to dress casualand this is casual.”

“Theres a difference between date casual and sitting home alone casual. This is date casual.” she said tossing a bag of clothes at me, “Now go get changed!” I rushed into the bathroom, not really knowing what the big deal was but not wanting to make Emma mad.

The outfit in the bag was a denim skirt with a v-neck sweater, and I had to admit that it looked better then what I had on.  I walked out to my room to see half of Emma’s make up table laid out on my dresser. Before I had time to speak she grabbed my arm and yanked me over to the dresser and started putting a bunch of guck on my face. It’s not that I hate make up but I don’t really see the point of wearing it since everyone I want to impress has seen me looking way worse.

After about 10 minutes of being poked and prodded Emma finally sang a joyous “Finished” and turned me to a mirror. I looked at myself in the mirror, not seeing the girl I am now, but the girl I used to be before all of this happened. I turned to Emma with teary eyes to see she had the same look on her face as me.

“Now Holly don’t you dare cry and make me have to redo you again.” She laughed and I joined her, enjoying our bonding moment until there was a knock at the door. “Have fun” Emma said before slipping out the door where a very handsome Deven was standing.

“You look beautiful” Deven said his eyes sparkling with admiration and something like lust.

“T-thank you” I stuttered, blushing at his unexpected comment.

“Come on, we have to leave now if we want to make it in time.” Deven said, smiling down at me while taking my hand.

“Make it to what?” I asked bursting with curiosity, but he just shook his head and pulled me toward the door.

Once we were in the car and he started driving I suddenly realized I knew close to nothing about him, sure I knew he was in a gang and how he got in it, but other than that we hadn’t really talked about ourselves much at all. When I tell Deven this he suggests we play a game type of thing where we take turns asking questions about the other and you only are allowed to back out of a question once.

We played this game for the rest of the ride and it was surprising how much I learned about him. I learned that he used to play guitar in a band him and his friends made and they were actually an alright band even though they never played places much. He also was ‘Mr. Popular’ in school, which wasn’t hard to believe, and played on a basketball team. The only thing that I learned about him that I didn’t like very much was that he was a player in high school, although he swears he’s not one now. I believe him because I realize that we all make bad mistakes and people can change.

Before I knew it we were pulling up in front of the town’s playground, “Deven what are we doing here? This place is for little kids.” I asked confused by his choice for our date.

“We aren’t going to stay in the playground; we just have to walk through it to get to where I want to go.” He explained before he got up and opened up the doors for me.

We hopped over the short fence in front and walked through the playground hand and hand till we got to the woods behind them. I stopped when we reached the forest line, but he never dragging me along with him. Confused I asked, “Deven, why are we going into the forest? Its dark in there.”

Deven looked back at me and smirked, “Is someone afraid of the dark?” He teased.

“N-no” I stuttered. “I just won’t be able to see where I’m going.” I defended even though I was a little scared of the dark.

Deven turned around completely and wrapped his arms around me, “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you” He stated in a joking matter but I could see the sincerity of it in his eyes. “Now come on we can’t stand out here all night.” With that he unwrapped his arms from around me, but held my hand a little tighter which is comforting.

I stumbled through the dark woods for what felt like hours after that, my only sanity staying with the hand Deven was holding in his. If he let go I would probably fall down and never find my way out again. Even though I was complaining the whole time about the walk there, as soon as I stepped into the valley he led me to all thoughts were lost completely.

It was beautiful. It was what had originally been just a small ordinary opening in the trees, but Deven had transformed it into something of a fairy tale. There were white lights strung all around the outside trees, which was the only light except for the starts which were now in the sky. In the middle of the grass was a picnic blanket with what looked like a box of pizza and a 2L of pop on in. I didn’t know whether to die laughing at his food choice or cry of happiness at how thoughtful he was.

“Do you like it?” Deven asked nervously from beside me and for a moment I had forgotten he was there.

I laughed at his unnecessary worry and reached up to his face to pull it down for a short kiss, “I love it. It’s amazing” I told him honestly, which made his face glow with happiness. The look on his face right now made this whole night worthwhile, but I still had to ask, “When did you find this place?”

“Well when I first came here with you I used to drive around town a lot to explore the city and to think. One day I parked and the playground and just started walking and this is where it took me.” Deven said, proud of his discovery.

“Its amazing how you found this in about a week and I’ve been here my whole life and never found anything” I joked with him. He just laughed then took my hand and led me to the picnic blanket.

“Now,” Deven said in a weird voice, “let us enjoy our meal fit for kings” and we did. We spent the rest of the night cuddled up on that blanket watching the stars and cuddling.

At around 12:00 we decided we should probably get home, but before we left Deven stopped me, “Umm I have to ask you something.”Deven said a little nervously, I nodded my head for him to go on, “Will you go to prom with me?” He asked and my heart stopped beating then increased tenfold at the thought of him in a tux and me in a dress dancing around together.

“Of course I will!” I exclaimed and threw my arms around is neck before bringing him in for a long hard kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys!

Sorry this is a few days late but with Halloween and everything it was hard to get stuff done. Also it took me a long time to decide what they were gonna do for a date.

Anyway next chapter is the prom scene then there will prob be two more chapters then its over so please stay with me till then.

Anywho PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT/FAN!!!!

<3 Alexis4815