Chapter 20

Recap:

“Well Deven, if you ever want anything, and I mean ANYTHING, just come find me I’ll be happy to help you.” With that and a wink from her and she was gone.

As I watched her twitch back to her table I knew that she was going to be a problem.

Chapter 20

Deven’s P.O.V

I’ve been worried about Holly all day. She said that she was fine and didn’t need us to protect her, but whenever I look at her she looks so defenseless that I can’t help, but to try and protect her. This one girl has been through more in her 17 years than most people go though in a life time and it isn’t fair that she has to go through it alone. I’m glad that she has some good friends here that seem to care about her a lot though. The only one of her friends I’m concerned about it Dylan.

Not to seem jealous or anything, but his concern for Holly has passed ‘in love with her’ and moved on to ‘obsessed with her’. I even talked to Matt about if Dylan was always like that and he said that he’s always been in love with Holly, but ever since she got kidnapped he’s been creepy and stalkerish about it. The thing that really got me mad though was when Matt told me about the room Dylan has filled with pictures off her and weird videos. What kind of creep would do something like that?

I just have to make sure that he isn’t around her too much, because I’m not letting a creep like that hunt my Holly… Wait! Did I just call her MY holly? I’m not really sure why, but there’s this big part of me that wants that statement to be true, that she really was MY Holly, but after what has happened to her the last thing on her mind is probably getting a boyfriend. I would wait for her though; I’d do almost anything for her. She saved me from a life of doing horrible things to innocent people and I can never repay her for that.

I think she may have some feelings for me too, even if its only brotherly or as a friend, because the look on her face when that girl approached me at lunch was one of pure jealousy and resentment. I found out later though that her name was Morgan and that she used to go out with Dylan. She not my type anyway, too flashy and just begging for attention, those girls just annoy me.

After not going to school for a while I had forgotten how cliché high school was. You had the sluts, the goths, the nerds, the loners, the jocks. A lot of girls had come up to me asking who I was and flirting their asses off, I mean ya I’m used to attention from girls, but these girls are just so open about how much they want you that it’s a bit overwhelming. I just can’t wait to get back to Holly’s house to be away from all the attention.

Even though I live in Holly’s house now I still don’t feel comfortable calling it home. Matt has been nicer than expected about the fact of me moving in, he was pretty mad at the start but once we got to know each other the tension left and we started becoming friends.

My mind drifts back to what I’m doing and I realize that schools almost out. The bell rings and I look around for Holly since she’s in this class with me. I see her by the door waiting for me so I walk over and sling my arms over her shoulder, “Finally time to go home! I don’t think I could stand one more boring class, how do you guys like with this every day?” I said over-dramatically.

“I don’t know how I used to do it, but I definitely don’t want to do it again anytime soon.” She replied trying to joke around, but I could hear the truth and exasperation underneath her words.

I held her and to stop her from walking and then looked at her intently to see if she was going to tell the truth, “Hey, are you okay?”

She looked away at first, but I put my hand under her chin to make her look at me, she sighed and finally said, “Its just been a very tiring day, so let’s just go home.” I took one last look at her then agreed and we continued walking to the car.