Chapter 21

Recap:

Emotions were running high through me, but the main ones were sympathy, anger and curiosity. Sympathy for the girl on my lap and the undeniably horrible things she had to suffer through. Anger at whoever hurt this girl so much that she changed from a slightly paranoid girl to the sobbing mass in front of me. Finally curiosity at what really happened during those months.

All I know is that if I ever got my hands on the person who did this to my best friend he’ll be a very sorry man.

Chapter 21

(Holly’s P.O.V)

It’s been two months since my breakdown with Emma and I have to say that it really helped me sort out my emotions to talk to her about all my insecurities. Since then I’ve been able to move on and have a semi normal life again. Not the same life though. My life can never be the same again because to have the same life you have to be the same person and I have changed too much to go back to how I was then. My life has also changed because of my new friends and new boyfriend.

Me and Deven have been going out for 3 weeks and he is absolutely amazing, he’s so different now that he is out of Evans hold and can actually let his kind and loveable side show, even though we haven’t officially said we love each other. He’s also a big hit with all my friends and brother, well most of my friends, there is still the problem with Dylan.

When Dylan found out that me and Deven went out, he freaked out, saying that he wasn’t good enough for me and that he was a filthy gangster only caring about himself. Of course I wouldn’t put up with that and set him straight immediately which only pissed him off more. We fought that whole day but in the end he came up and apologized to me, I forgave him because I didn’t want to lose one of my best friends. Even though he apologized he still hates Deven and has been acting weird lately. Always going where ever I go and always locking himself up in his house if he’s not with me. The guy who used to be Mr. Popular is now not even on the scale because he socializes with no one. I’m getting kind of worried about him.

“Holly, you in there?” Deven asked breaking me out of my thoughts. I jumped up in surprise, which had me hitting his face that was hovering above me. “Oww that hurt!”

“What the hell are you doing in my room? How’d you get on top of me?” I asked confused about what was going on.

“Well maybe you should be paying more attention and I wouldn’t have been able to get on top of you. Oh, and I was in your room to inform you that school is starting soon so you best get your lazy ass up and get ready.” Deven replied with a smirk.

I rolled over and shoved my head under a pillow groaning, “Ugh I don’t want to get up!”

“Come on! Don’t you want to get to the last day of school before exams?!” Deven said in an overexcited voice when I realized that he was right, today was the last day of school before exams. Since I came back from being kidnapped I have caught up with most of my studies, mainly because all I’ve done lately is study and eat, and teachers assume that I’ll be able to do exams just like everyone else but guess what? That isn’t happening.

“Don’t remind me about exams” I grumbled some more, trying to snuggle farther in the sheets, but of course Deven wouldn’t have that.

“Hey, if you’re going snuggling into something it best be me.” With that said he pulled me up from the sheets and plopped down where I was and laid me on his stomach. “See there you go, I bet I’m a lot comfier and better then that pillow filled with your drool.” He took the pillow in his hand and pretended to be grossed out, tossing it across the room.