Chapter 24

Recap:

At around 12:00 we decided we should probably get home, but before we left Deven stopped me, “Umm I have to ask you something.”Deven said a little nervously, I nodded my head for him to go on, “Will you go to prom with me?” He asked and my heart stopped beating then increased tenfold at the thought of him in a tux and me in a dress dancing around together.

“Of course I will!” I exclaimed and threw my arms around is neck before bringing him in for a long hard kiss.

Chapter 24

“Finally done” Emma sighed with a satisfied look on her face. As she laid the curling iron down I had the first look at myself that I’ve had 3 hours earlier when she started.

I gaped in astonishment as I looked at the fully new and improved beauty in the mirror. She had long curly brown hair that tumbled down her shoulders and around her face, which was covered in make up so professionally done I would have never believed I was that girl. I stepped back a bit and took in the rest of my body too, which was dressed in a strapless purple dress that reached down to the floor. It had beads and jewels from the top of the dress to the mid section where it softly poofed out a bit and flowed to the floor with the occasional jewel.

“You look fabulous!!!!” Screamed Emma as she ran over to engulf me in a huge hug.

“I actually might have to agree with you there too” Said Matt from the doorway, scaring us both since we didn’t know he was there.

“Really?”  I asked them both wondering if they really thought that.

“Of course you do know go out and see your man since he’s been waiting in the living room for the past 2 hours for you.” Emma said playfully and shoved me out the door.

“Okay okay! I’m Leaving already” I joked with her as I started to walk down the stairs.

As soon as I turned around and looked to the bottom of the stairs my jaw dropped. Standing there was the hottest and most amazing guy I’ve ever seen, Deven was there dressed in a sleek black tux and a corsage in his hand. He looked so much older and so proper in his tux and it was a really big change to see him like this compared to how he was before.

We locked eyes for a moment before he enveloped me onto a hug and whispered in my ear, “You look beautiful tonight”

I giggled before pulling back and saying “You don’t look too bad yourself” We smiled at each other for another second before he took my hand and put the corsage on my wrist and led me out the door. The night air was cool so I was grateful for the heat of his car as we got in and drove off towards the school.

We got to the school and as soon as I stepped into the gym it stole my breath away. The theme was something as lame as starry night, but they managed to turn that into something completely beautiful. The ceiling of the gym was all covered in a dark night sky blue with sparkly golden stars hanging from the ceiling and stuck on the walls. The blue continued until near the ground where it transformed into green hills with trees and other plant life. It was like we were actually outside, but in reality it was just the design of whatever they had stuck onto the walls.

I came back into my senses as Deven grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor where others had already started to dance. In his arms I relaxed and let my guard down, thinking that I was just going to enjoy myself the rest of the night and not have to worry about anything. Little did I know that I should’ve kept my guard up and my eyes open for the disaster that tonight would be.

*******************************************

Evans P.O.V

I waited and watched in the trees outside her school, seeing all the star struck boozed up girls and boys entering and exiting the gym. Tonight was the night I’d get my revenge, tonight was the night I’d ruin Holly and Deven’s lives forever. After Holly, Deven, and that other scrawny guy escaped me I had been badly injured from being thrown off their car, but I was not killed and they were foolish enough to think I had been. Those idiots didn’t even check to make sure they found a body before they presumed I was dead, but oh well. It gives me the upper hand in this situation and lets me attack them more easily.