Epilogue

Recap:

After I was free of him and he was put under control the rest of the night was a blur of questions and tears and suspicious glares from police officers that didn’t believe our story. It was 2 in the morning by now and I saw that Holly was about to fall asleep in the chair she was in so the police officers let us leave, but with a promise that they’d see us tomorrow.

Now on the way home from all this drama, I can’t help but hope that that was the last near death situation either of us are ever in.

Warning! This won’t be a long chapter since it’s the Epilogue.

Epilogue

(7 months later in winter…)

Deven’s P.O.V

“God your beautiful” I said as I stared into the eyes of my amazing girlfriend. She giggled and blushed before taking my hand and continuing to walk.

We were going for a walk in the first snow of the year and Holly looks like a perfect angel with her hair falling over her shoulders and snowflakes dancing through it. Her eyes were aglow as she smiled her beautiful smile t me and I couldn’t help but wonder for the millionth time how I was so lucky to get a girl like her.

After walking and talking for a few minuets we find a bench and sit on it and watch Emma and Matt run around in the snow throwing snowballs at each other. We were completely silent other then the occasional laugh when Emma got hit in the face.

All I could think in this moment was how perfect everything was. I had my amazing girlfriend snuggled into my side, sneaking in a kiss to my neck then dissolving into giggles, I was watching my two best friends run around laughing carefree, and I was also carefree myself. No more gangs, no more guns, no more hurting people, but most of all no more Evan and Dylan.

Evan had been buried shortly after the incident and Dylan had been sentenced to 25 years in jail for murder. Both of them were out of sight and out of mind on this beautiful day.

Were both in university now, Holly as a nurse and me just going in for a general degree since I have no clue what I’m going to be when I get older. Were doing fine in our studies and living in a small apartment together with Emma and Matt. Its pretty cool how we all got in the same apartment together and sometimes its pretty annoying, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.

I plan to marry Holly some day. Not yet of course since were still in university and used all our money to get into that, but when we graduate I’ll ask her to marry me and then we’ll live out our lives together in some random place. Move far away so the troubles of here can never find us again, so we can move on into our future together.

Suddenly I got hit in the face with a snow ball. I wiped the stuff off my face before turning around to give Holly a dirty look. She looked back and with a playful giggle jumped up and ran behind a tree. I jumped up and chased after her and threw a snowball back at her. That was how we continued the rest of the night, just fooling around and finally living.