Chapter 1

I honestly forgot how golden this story was...it's pretty good for the first chapter! This is AU (alternate universe) btw! (: 

 ****Liam's POV****

PING. PING. PING.

I opened my eyes groggily from my nap as I tried to figure out what those pings meant. Oh right! I stood up from the couch and stretched before grabbing my laptop and seeing my IM screen open on my screen, and to my pleasant surprise it was Niall!

N: Hey Liam. I'm bored.

N: Liam. Answer meeeee.

I smiled innocently at the boy's messages and started to type back to him.

L: Hello Niall, thank you for waking me up from my nap.

N: You're certainly welcome! I'm bored and needed something to do.

L: So you messaged me?

N: Obviously. How was your nap?

I took a deep breath as I began to reply to the boy. Niall and I had been talking for about three weeks now, and he seemed like a really nice, funny person. I knew a lot of him from our messages, and I knew what he looked like from his icon picture; he had dark brown hair and these eyes that just were so incredibly blue and beautiful. That reminded me...I really needed to inform him that I was gay sometime soon!

L: It was well, short!

N: I'm sorry (:<

L: Whatever. What did you do today? I can't believe it's already 8pm!

N: Eh, I just sat around being the couch potato that I am. You?

L: I had to go to work of course, and then I came home, took a nap, and now here I am messaging you!

N: Look at you living on the edge Liam!

L: Shut up.

N: Only kidding (:

L: I know.

Just then, another message screen popped up and it was from Kate. I quickly switched over to her box while I waited for Niall to respond.

K: LIIIAAAMMM.

L: Kaattteee!

K: I miss you </3

L: I miss you too! Look, I'll message you back in a minute, I'm kinda already in a convo with someone (;

K: Gross, but okay!

I switched back over to Niall and waited a he typed.

N: So, how was work today?

L: Boring as usual.

N: How much action can you get from working at the hospital as the receptionist?

L: Not nearly enough. They don't even let me check in the REALLY traumatic cases.

N: Bummer. I need a job.

L: You could be my co-receptionist.

N: Haha no.

L: Fine! But I tried! Listen, I've gotta go and eat and other stuff. I'll message you later?

N: I don't know if I'm going to be in the mood to talk to you twice in one day.

L: RUDE!

N: Just kidding! Bye Li!

I laughed and flipped back over to Kate before she got too impatient. I knew she must really want to tell me something because she never messaged me; it was either a call or a text.

L: I'm back (:

K: I see that! How have you been my little Liam?

L: I've been good, now what is it that you want exactly Kate?

K: Why do you have to assume I want something! Ugh! I just wanted to talk to my friend ):

L: Oh! I'm sorry Kate! I want to talk to you too! (:

K: Yeah, sure :P

L: I do!

K: Okay, well I wanted to tell you that we need to have a date soon. Like, this weekend soon.

L: You miss me that much? Wow, what great friends I have (':

K: Oh shut up Liam. Can you hang out this weekend or not?

L: I should be able to fit you into my schedule!

K: Oh brother...fine. I'll see you Saturday at the cafe?

L: Sounds good! Text me tomorrow! Bye (:

K: Bye loser!

I shut my laptop and yawned as I took a deep breath. It was going to be a good week.