Chapter 23

WOOOOOOW I'M SO MEAN AND KEEP YOU ALL IN SUSPENSE FOR LIKE FOREVER. I'M ONLY JUST NOW REALIZING HOW LONG I'M STRETCHING THIS OUT. OKAY. WELL. ENJOY.

****Niall's POV****

My fingers slowly began to untangle from Liam's as I heard something explode. I saw Liam's smile diminish, and horror replaced his face. I tried to look at him for as long as I could, but everything began to darken. Liam squeezed the tips of my fingers as I slowly began to tumble to the ground. I hit the floor and then I was nothing. I could faintly hear Liam panicking, but couldn't make out words. I fought with all my might to wake up and save him, but I couldn't. I felt weak and my mind was growing fuzzy too.

I began to panick more, struggling to keep focus and to stay alive, but I had to for Liam. I had to wake up to protect him; I'd already made him suffer through so much. I began to feel my chest burning and I knew it was almost over.

The last thing I could think about was

Liam

I could only imagine what in the world Zayn, Harry, and Louis would do to him next. I just prayed I would be the only one dying and that they'd spare Liam. The pain began to engulf my body and I let it. I was ready to be taken from the rotten Earth I'd been living on, it would be no use living in a world where the only love of my life would never want to be with me anyway after what I put him through...

The final word that I thought about before I slipped into a complete abyss was...

Liam.

I frantically sat up in the hospital bed screaming bloody murder as nurses ran in and the man who I'd come to know as my doctor. The doctor held me down, but I continued to scream as the pain become worse in my chest.

"Niall!" my doctor screamed as well as the nurses. He was talking quickly to them as I began to hyperventilate, hoping all of it was a dream.

"Where's Liam?! WHERE IS HE?!" I screamed and the doctor looked over his clipboard as he tried to calm my trembling body.

"Calm down Niall, it's been a long few hours," the doctor whispered and that's when I knew that Liam wasn't checked into the hospital and that he was killed and taken from me. I screamed loudly as reality set in; Liam was gone forever and it was all my fault.

"LIAM!" I shrieked as I saw a woman nearing me with a needle. I thrashed frantically and tried to squirm from the needle, but the doctor held me down as the needle sank into my skin with a tiny pinch. My body began to relax immediately as I fought to keep my eyes open.

"It's okay Niall, go to sleep," my doctor whispered softly as he jotted down a few notes in his clipboard. Tears poured down my face as I looked at him. He gave my head a pat and suddenly staying awake was too much to bear. Right before I fell back into unconsciousness, I let out a quiet whimper.

"Liam."

****Kate's POV****

I paced the hospital floors while Jay tried to reason with me to sit down and relax, but he couln't understand what I was going through. It was 3 in the morning, but I was far from tired. Nobody had brought word on Niall or Liam, and it was unsure if they were even checked in at the same hospital.

"Kate, please come here and try to take a nap for me?" Jay asked through a yawn as he opened up a blanket. He'd been fighting with me for three hours to sleep, and I only then realized I was being selfish by arguing with him because he was exhausted, but wouldn't sleep if I wouldn't slep with him. I stumbled over to the uncomfortable couch in the waiting room and Jay wrapped a thin blanket around me. He kissed my forehead as he knelt in front of me.

"I know it's scary, and I knwo it's hard, but there's nothing we can do now but wait, and you might as well try and get some sleep while you wait right?" Jay asked and I was going to ask why he was so calm, but I remembered quickly he was used to this; he was a doctor himself and dealt with this everyday. He brushed my hair out of my face and he gave me a gentle kiss.

"I'm going to the bathroom, try and go to sleep," he whispered, staring at me with love that I'd seen in Liam's eyes when he was with Niall. I nodded gently as I sniffled and wiped away my tears. He kissed my forehead and then left me alone in the waiting room. I held the blanket and wrapped it tightly around me. All I wanted to be able to see Liam and know he was going to live. I stood up fomr the couch and began to wander through the hallways to the emergency hospital rooms; searching for Liam.

"Can I help you?" someone called from behind me, and I spun around to see a woman at a desk eying me. I waddled over and sighed as I knew I probably looked a hot mess.

"Can I visit Liam yet?" I whispered on the verge of crying again, but I held it in. She looked down at the sheets and I heard her sigh. I knew that meant no, so I started to walk away.

"Excuse me ma'am?" she asked and I turned around and looked at her as she looked left and right before coming out from behind her desk, grabbing my hand, and taking me down the hallway. We stopped in front of a room and she opened it. I gasped and burst into tears at the sight and ran into the room.

"Liam!" I exclaimed even though he was passed out and hooked up to a bajillion tubes. I collapsed onto his chest as I cried.

"Oh babe," I whispered as I saw his wrists wrapped, bandages and gauzes covering him, and large bumps and bruises on his skin. He looked a hell of a lot better than what he looked like at the flat when I found him on the verge of death, but he still looked terrible. I ran my fingers over his visible cheekbones and he eyes fluttered. I covered my mouth as he began to stir and almost stretch.

"Liam?" I squeaked and I watched his eyes open.