Chapter 2

I'm kinda glad I can upload frequently, but kinda sad that I already had this story finished...I'm thinking of changing some stuff though so who knows! xx

 ****Liam's POV****

Two days later I was let go from the hospital...so not only was I going to be made fun of for the rest of my life for losing my job as a receptionist, but now I was jobless and if it kept up that way, I was going to be homeless next!

“What am I going to do?” I asked myself, as I sat lifelessly on the couch, trying to motivate myself to do anything but sit there for the rest of the day. A knock came to my door and I skipped over to open it. Kate was standing in my doorway; her pale blue eyes sympathetic and her blond hair in waves down the front of her chest. She pulled me into a tight hug and she let out a long sigh.

“Who told you?” I grumbled, crossing my arms as she came in and plopped down on my couch.

“Jay,” she replied and I rolled my eyes. I always hated working with Jay at the hospital; he told Kate everything and anything I did because he was her boyfriend and she wanted him to “look out for me.”

“Tell him to mind his own damn business! This isn't something I prefer he share all around town,” I growled and Kate took my hand, pulling me to sit next to her.

“Listen, you don't have a job now and-,” she started, but I shook my head.

“Oh please Liam! Let me help you out! Jay won't even bother you I swear! He usually isn't home until like seven anyways,” she pleaded, but I stayed persistent.

“I'm fine,” I argued as my computer pinged.

“Who's that?” Kate asked, but I ignored it.

“Liam, come on...just a week...or two...or three,” she begged and I looked at her angrily.

“Why do you want me to move in so bad? Because you feel sorry for me?” I exclaimed and she stood up and held me tightly.

“No, I just don't want you out on these streets, Liam. Please,” she tried one final time and I sighed. She was right...it would only be for at least a month, no more.

“FINE!” I exclaimed as she squealed and spun me around happily.

“I'll have you know I don't want to do this,” I grumbled as I trudged down the hallway and looked around my room.

“Need any help packing?” Kate asked happily from the door. I shook my head and started to pile my clothes into my suitcase. Kate sat on my bed watching me, and I could tell she was trying to cheer me up, but I was in no mood. My computer pinged again and Kate went to look at it, but I pushed her out of the way.

“Liam!” she shouted angrily as I saw Niall messaging me.

“Haven't you butted into enough of my business?” I snapped as she sat back and pouted angrily.