Chapter 6

Ugh. Only 98 reads on this? WHY. Oh well, not that I care. I just wanna finish this so I can work on something else (: xx

 ****Niall's POV****

I was surprised when I saw Liam; of course he was the same person in real life, but I didn't expect to see him so...I don't know how to describe it really. He seemed surprised too, but a different sort of surprise. He was upset and angry. I wasn't quite sure why though, we were only friends through the internet. I immediately regretted choosing Liam as the person to rob; he seemed like an innocent person and had a lot going on in his life. He was a fruity little guy; very childish if you ask me, but then again most times I was very childish too...I got in my car and sped off without looking back. Zayn would just have to settle for someone else, although we were on a strict schedule. My phone started ringing and I saw it was Harry. I ignored the call; Harry and Louis didn't scare me nearly as much as Zayn did, so I was hoping he wouldn't call anytime soon.

 “I need to get out,” I whispered to myself as I ran my hand through my hair once more. I looked out the window at all the people outside enjoying the spring weather. I was caught up in wishing I could be outside until my phone started ringing again and this time it was Zayn. I swallowed hard and picked it up.

“Hello?” I asked and I heard commotion in the background; Harry and Louis fighting once more.

“How's it going Niall? Do you need another day?” he asked quickly and I took a deep breath and decided I better tell him the truth; maybe he'd go easy on my punishment.

“Uh...well,” I started and Zayn huffed aggravated.

“What the hell does that mean?” he asked and I sighed angrily.

“I-he, he's angry that I wasn't who I said I was,” I replied sheepishly and Zayn laughed, but it was an angry kind of laugh.

“Get back to the god damn house...we'll discuss this later,” he grumbled and I sighed as I hung up. I knew he was mad and he wasn't going to be easy on me when I got "home". I was expecting a good smacking and I'm sure Harry and Louis would love to join in on that. I got to the house and to my surprise, nobody was home. They were most likely out eating, so I had a little while until all hell broke loose. I sat down in front of the TV and was going to turn it on until my computer pinged. I glanced over and saw a pretty lengthy message on my screen. I plopped the laptop down on my lap and saw that Liam had sent me a message.

L: Listen Niall or whatever your name is...I'm sorry for the way I acted. It wasn't right and I feel absolutely horrible right now. I didn't even give you a chance to explain yourself. I was being selfish and childish and it wasn't right. I just hope there's someway we can mend this and still be friends andI hope you can forgive my behavior. It wasn't me, I was just upset in the moment. If you're ever willing to meet up with me again, I'd really like a second chance to reall get to know the person I've been talking to. 

I sighed, biting my lip as I read the message. What was I supposed to say to him now? I took a deep breath and began running my fingers along the keyboard in an attempt to come up with something to say to the lad. 

N: I shouldn't have lied to you Liam. I should've told you from the beginning my picture wasn't of me.

L: Why isn't it a picture of you anyways?

I panicked; what would I say?

N: I don't really have a camera or anything, I just found a picture online. I didn't even plan on even becoming friends with anyone online anyways so I didn't ever think it would matter...

L: I just feel bad, super bad. 

N: Don't. It's fine.

L: So now you're just...are we done talking?

N: I mean, you seemed pretty upset. I don't really want to interfere anymore. You think I'm some weirdo now, but really it's only my image that changed. I'm who I was when we talked. I'm Niall.

L: Oh...so no meeting up again then right?

N: I don't really think it's a good idea Liam. 

L: . Bye.

I felt a little bad after Liam left the chat, but I didn't care ultimately; I was done with Liam, he wasn't worth my time. 

****Liam's POV****

 I sat back absolutely defeated. Niall was being a total jerk now! I was hurt, but more relieved that I didn't take the time to get to know him. He was totally different now that I'd been straight up with him. I threw my laptop down on the couch and rubbed my face. 

"What's your problem?" Kate asked as she came into the living room munching on some chips. I shook my head and waved it off. 

"Eh nothing, just bored," I lied, hoping Kate would buy it and to my great surprise she actually bought it. She sat with me on the couch and flipped on the TV. 

"You know, you're allowed to leave the house,” she grinned and I eyed her. She raised her eyebrows as she waited for a reply and I groaned rolling my eyes. 

“I would if I could drive, believe me,” I mumbled and she shook her head with a smirk. She poked my cheek as she stood up and threw out her bag of chips into the garbage.

“There's nothing wrong with walking Liam Payne,” she answered as she returened to the couch with me.

“Liam Payne doesn't enjoy walking,” I replied as she laughed and crossed her arms, looking at me amused.

“Then Liam Payne better go take his driving exam!” she exclaimed with a chuckle, walking down the hallway to her bedroom. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and wishing I hadn't been so mean to Niall, then maybe I wouldn't be so bored.