Prologue

EDIT (May 21st 2017): @ShaquoiahDingo made a book trailer and I linked it if you wanna check it out <333

--

It was in my dream again.

The room was dark. A haunted replica of my own dorm room. Cold, decorated with looming shadows and strange noises that never made much sense.

There was blood on the wall, splattered like the person who caused it didn't care that someone else might see it. There were bloody handprints smeared down the side of the door while a figure lay quivering beneath it.

It was curled up in a ball, shaking and shivering. Its hands were clutched around its legs, knees drawn up beneath its chin as its head ducked down so all that showed from its features were the dark mop of hair and the pale, pearly skin on his arms.

I had been in the same scenario a couple billion times before. I knew how it would go.

Therefore, I wasn't surprised when a blood curdling scream rung across the room.

The figure made no other move.

Until, suddenly, its head shot up and its mouth hung wide open.

Apparently, not wide enough.

Its fingers clutched at the bottom of its jaw and it tugged until all I could hear was the sound of bones breaking.

It didn't even scream.

It kept pulling at its jaw until it completely broke away from its hinges, so that it just hung there, unmoving.

It looked like a boy.

At least, it had the features of a boy. Around eleven years old. Its dark silky hair stuck to its forehead with sweat. Its skin was smooth and unblemished.

But its eyes prevented it from being called anything near as human.

Let alone an innocent young boy.

It was a monster.

Its eyes were not the average looking eyes. It had no pupil or iris, just a solid white eyeball.

Its head began tilting to the left, twisting and twisting until its face was the other way around. His eyes were closer to his neck while his mouth was at the other side.

Frown turned upside down.

But it didn't look like a smile.

It looked like a sinister grin that, for the first time that night, sent my heart into a colossal mess of unregulated heartbeats.

Then my eyes opened and all of it disappeared.

Boo!

Ha.

Ha.

I'm so freakin' lame omg.

New story! Yay! I don't know how I feel about this one. I love writing it and stuff, but I feel like I might mess it up somehow cause I'm crap at everything I do. Lol.

Anyway, let me know if this is something you'd like to see more of since I'm kinda hesitant towards it.

I'll probably still upload more chapters anyway. Hehe.

Laters! (Seriously. Someone shoot me.)