Chapter Twenty-One

(K but how is Ezra Miller so hot)

Fin and I spent the rest of the morning strolling casually through town.

I even allowed him to drag me to several costume stores, already overflowing with ridiculous Halloween offers.

"At least try it on," Fin said, thrusting a Peter Pan costume in my face.

I pushed his hand away. "No way."

He lowered his hand reluctantly. "You'd look so hot in it."

"Considering the fact I won't be dressing up for Halloween, I really don't care."

He swiftly disregarded my statement and went on sifting through the store racks.

Occasionally he'd pull out a costume and tilt his head to the side as if considering it. Sometimes his eyes would flit to where I stood by his side, where my eyes gazed anywhere else but at the costumes, then he'd turn away and put the costume back.

At exactly 12PM, we stood in the principal's office, Fin using his perpetual charms to subdue any of the old man's simmering anger towards the two of us.

Then he dropped me off at my class, but not before glancing in both directions and pressing a painfully gentle kiss to my lips.

I was half tempted to pull him towards me, slide my tongue between his lips, nibble at his lips, hear him moan as he squirmed against me. But the distant sound of shoes against the hardwood floor had us each take a step backwards.

He smiled at me, like he knew I regretted having to spend the rest of the day without him.

"I'll be at the library during lunch." It wasn't a request but a statement. He wasn't asking me to join him but knew that I would anyway.

He took a step back without turning, eyes scanning me from the top of my hair to the scruff of my shoes.

Then I watched as he turned and slowly walked away, his lean figure confident, knowing that I was staring after him.

I shook my head as soon as I lost sight of him.

A group of boys emerged from where Fin had just disappeared, passing me to go to their classes, and I decided to do the same.

As I waited for the class to begin, my thoughts involuntarily drifted to that same morning. When I woke up with Fin's heated breaths conjoining with my own. Why I had woken up with his hands wrestling to keep my shoulders pressed against the mattress.

My eyes fell to the large windows to my side, watched the clouds darken, the sun almost completely covered by them.

It didn't make sense, and I dreaded finding an explanation as it would only make it worse. At least that's what I thought it would do.

Wouldn't it?

"What's gotten you in this mood?"

I glanced at where Cameron sat, on the seat beside me.

"You're here early."

"You didn't answer my question. Fin not fulfilling your needs?"

I scowled. "No. It's just the weather change."

He raised his eyebrows. "Right."

I sighed, rubbing at my eyes. "I woke up too early."

"Happens when you constantly sleep with your boyfriend."

"You would know."

Cameron said nothing.

I glanced at him and found what had finally shut him up.