Chapter Twelve

Because Harry Potter is cool af and Hogwarts is awesome^^

Friday came and went, and we'd still made no progress in solving the whole camera ordeal.

Saturday morning was a frustrating one. Cameron had caught some virus that had developed overnight, and he chose to spend the day curled up under the covers.

Faris went wherever Cameron did.

I was left alone to think of something to do to pass time.

I moved around my room, pulling on a random shirt and sliding my legs in a pair of jeans.

Cameron groaned from underneath the pile of blankets on his bed.

"He lives!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up," he mumbled, voice muffled. "You're moving around too much."

"Just getting ready, I'll be out in a few."

"With Faris?"

"No," I frowned. "Isn't he coming over later?"

"I thought he was going out with you."

"You're not coming."

"So?"

I sighed. "So he isn't either. He'll drop by later. You'll see."

"I'm sick," he said. "He probably shouldn't do that."

"Well," I said, slinging my backpack over my shoulder, "you tell him that when he comes back."

He groaned, again. "You're going out alone?"

"Maybe."

"What about Fin?"

My heart jolted in my chest. "I'll ask him. Need anything?"

"Nah."

I shut the door behind me as softly as I could.

Thoughts of Cameron and Faris plagued my thoughts as I dragged my feet down the hall.

Faris was hiding something.

We all do, but something about his secret in particular only seemed to bring up an uncomfortable feeling in my chest.

I trusted him, he was my friend after all...So why couldn't he just tell me what was up? After everything he'd seen me go through, I was sure nothing he told me would appall me in any way.

And then there was Cameron. Cameron, the confused yet still optimistic Cameron who seemed oblivious yet still aware of every affectionately-filled gaze Faris sent his way.

It was a sad masquerade, where both players danced around one another, aware of the other but without fully acknowledging it.

I didn't know what to think of it, or how to feel about it. I wasn't sure if I wanted them to just be together, or if I wanted them to stay clear of each other entirely.

Whatever option hurt less for the both of them.

Distracted by my thoughts, I didn't notice that I was standing right outside Fin's door.

I took a deep breath, cleared my thoughts, and knocked on his door.

"Come in," he called.

I pushed the door open.

"How were you sure it was me? I could have been someone...else."

My voice faltered when I caught sight of Fin standing in front of his drawers.