Chapter Eight

My friend thinks Alex Pettyfer is hot so

"What happened?" Cameron asked me when we were back at our dorm that night.

"What did you see?"

"Some guy holding him down...why? Kaiden, what is it?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"What did you do?"

"I made him go away."

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "We need to catch him doing it again."

I felt sick. "What?"

"We have to change the direction the camera is facing so we can report it. It's the only way."

I swallowed down a protest. "How are we going to do that?"

"I don't know. I'll figure it out."

"...I think Fin could help."

"Really?"

I nodded. "He's good at that stuff."

"But he'd agree to help?"

No.

"Yes."

"Okay, good. We'll figure that out and catch those assholes."

I smiled. "Thanks, Cameron."

He nodded once. "He's my friend, too."

--

"I understand if you don't want to do this anymore," I said to Fin.

He was lying on his bed, a Rubik's Cube in his hand. "Nothing changed, Kaiden."

"Everything changed!"

"No," he said, tossing the cube aside. "This is why I never wanted anyone to find out. Especially not you."

"Me? Fin, you're making no sense!"

He stood up. "Let's just get this over with, c'mon."

He placed a gentle hand on my arm, leading me to the bed.

I looked in his eyes the entire time, the way they softened when he looked back at me.

He gently pushed me against the bed and climbed over me, hands on either side of my head.

"What are you doing?" I asked, panicked.

He didn't say anything, just looked at me and smiled sadly.

I swallowed nervously, heart beating at a rapid pace.

He leaned down and I stared at his arms as the muscles tensed. I looked for exists between his arm but he was a lot taller than me and I had no way out.

I saw his expression soften, his eyebrows knit together before he brushed his lips against the skin of my cheek.

He pulled back, falling on the empty space beside me.

"What was that for?" I croaked.

I heard the sheets moving around but didn't let my eyes wander from the ceiling.

"I like you," he said. "I don't know what you're into. Girls, boys, whatever. I just like you and...well, I kiss people I like."

I felt the corners of my lips twitch. "When you like someone you usually kiss them on the lips."

"That's when you just like someone. I don't just like you. I really like you."

I turned to face him.