Chapter 1: New World

Lilly Collins as Casandra

I sat in my house, which is all I ever do. I let out a shaky breath as I stared out the window, rain poured down, mirroring my feelings.

I look at my phone. It was already the afternoon, I sat by the window all day again.

"Cassy dinner!" My mother called. I made a mental note to make friends and I walked down stairs to the kitchen sitting at the table. "How are you Darling?"

My mother was a single mom, dad walked out. Why? Its a mystery. "I'm fine I guess." She signed and sits a plate of Mac and cheese in front of me.

My favorite. But these days it didn't matter, I was alone. Yes I had my mother. But outside from that no one.

As I ate I saw her stare at me with worry. "I'm fine mum." I grumble. She nods looking away and eating.

I wasn't.

After I finished dinner I went back up stairs to my room and took my usual place by the window. I saw people laughing and playing in the rain, the sight made my heart ach, why couldn't that be me?

I got undressed and stepped in the shower, letting the hot water run down my body. I sign in relief, as I relaxed.

Once I was done I stepped out, drying myself and putting on a lose T-shirt and some shorts, climbing into bed pulling the covers over myself.

~morning~

I yawn and stretch as my alarm goes off. I glance at the clock. It was lunch time. I slept that long? I shrug it off and I take a shower and get dressed. I glance out the window to see everything damp from the storm.

I walk down stairs to see my mom watching tv.

And there where holes in the victims neck, no possible murder weapons, if you have any information contact us.

I turn away from the TV and fix myself some frosty flakes. I eat quickly then get my purse.

"Leaving so soon?" My mom asks turning her head to look at me.

"Yes, I'll be back." I step out grabbing my coat and walking down the sidewalk, I felt uneasy for some reason, I shake it off and continue walking.

"Keisha?" I say into my phone.

"Wassup!"

"Wanna go out?" I had to get out sooner or later. I was tired of sitting at the window thinking about what my life could be like.

"Are you sick?" She jokes. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Comeon!" She told me about a club I could meet her at. We said our good byes and I hung up. I picked up my pace, a club wouldn't be so bad.

A chilly wind made me shiver, I saw kids playing and their parents watching with smiles. I frowned and though about how my dad use to play with me. I shook the thoughts away and saw the club.

New world here I come.