Chapter 5: Misunderstood

Zach

Cassy had been a bit timid at first, but she warmed up to me. Alex had been gone for two days, strange. But was I complaining? Nope.

"Cassy your gonna hurt yourself." I growled as she tried to do a hand stand.

"I will do it!" I huffed amused and watched as alex stopped at the entrance watching. She fell over and their eyes met, I saw pure fear.

That fucker

Alex smirked and walk towards her. Earning a growl from me. He quickly came over and grabbed my throat.

"You challenging me mutt?" He hissed. As cassy stood up her hand over her mouth.

"No master." He let's me go grabbing Cassy's arm hulling her out. I glared after him, if he hurt her I swear i would find a way to kill him.

Casandra.

He sat me in a chair and he sat across from me, seeming to study me. "So enjoying yourself?"

My eyes widened and I looked Down. "I guess, I miss mum." I said quietly.

His finger went under my chin lifting my head up. "You can visit her?"

Confusion swirled in my head. He was being nice to me. Not long ago he was vile! "Why are you being nice?"

He glared at me causing me to flinch back. "I'm taking my time with you pet." Pet?

"Oh." I looked down. He signed and stood up.

"Let us start over, my first impression wasn't a good one." His eyes looked truthful...could I trust him?

I felt a pull to him I couldn't deny.

"Ok." I put my hands in my lap waiting for his move.

"Well why don't we get to know each other?" I nodded. "Ask me what you like."

I thought about it for a moment. "Where did you grow up?"

"I grew up here in vampires secret world."

"Family?"

"My father. My mother and sister are dead."

I felt a bit sorry. "If you don't mind....how'd they'd die?"

"My mother was killed by a vamp Hunter, my father took a new mate but it wasn't the same. She cheated and had my sister. I killed my sister, and my father killed my step mom."

My eyes widened I was speechless. He killed his own sister? His father killed his step mom and he didn't bat an eye?

"Us vampires don't care about family, to answer your question." I thought I saw sadness flash in his eyes but it gone to fast for me to know for sure.

He's never had anyone to care about him. Maybe that's why he was the way he is. How could i help...even if i could.

I followed his gaze to the sunset. I looked back at him. A smile playing on his lips at he watched the sun drop.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He said softly.

Yes I would give him a second chance, everyone deserved one.

Alexander

After I left her that afternoon I went to my father who was sitting in his office.

"Did you find him?" The asshole that killed my mom would pay dearly.

"There's something you should know.." He said slowly.

My father looked really troubled.
"He's related to your mate." I stood there letting what I just head sink in.

"How?" Anger flooded through me.

"Alex...her father is a vampire Hunter" he said through clenched teeth.

Yes things just got more complicated. What if she became like him? My mate I waited for would be gone.

Maybe its true you don't know what you had until you lost it.

I wouldn't lose her. I wouldn't mess up this time. My fangs extended and I punched the metal wall bending it.