Chapter 12

Casandra

Last night had been confusing but great, I kissed Alex....I kissed Zach, was that right? I shook the thoughts out my head seeing Zach walk by down the hallway, I poke my head out my room calling him. He stops and turns around raising an eyebrow.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere" His face light up as he nods, I look behind him seeing Alex looking us. I saw a look pass his face when his eyes landed on Zach, a broken look went into his eyes as he sped walked away. I held my hands together, was I an idiot?

"itll be fine." Zach insists, walking towards the door in a swagger like walk. I was unsure but followed him out the door. "Where you wanna go?" Zach asks me as we walk to the garage.

"Just somewhere to have fun." I say as he gets keys out his pocket, opening the door for me, blushing I get in as he walks around to the drivers side climbing in, firing up the truck he backs out following a dirt road to a paved one heading into the town.

"Shopping?" He says as my eyes widens. what man would WANT to go shopping? "Don't stare at me." He whines looking back at the road.

"We can shop." He gives a grin pulling into a mall, he gets out over excited running in the large department store.

"OH MY GAWD THAT SHIRT IS BAE!" He picks up a blue dress shirt holding it to his chest, I had to admit he had taste. "This dress would look nice on you." He smiles pulling out a fancy purple dress with floral designs. I shrugging going in the changing room to put it on, personally I didn't think it would look good on me. When I came out his eyes widened, his jaw slacking.

"What?" He mouth opens and closes as a grin spreads across his face, he pulls me in front of a mirror and I gasp. The dress looked good on me, hugging my curves perfectly, sexy if I dare say.

"Ill buy it...you cannot go without!" He yells pushing me back in the dressing room. "Undress give me the dress we have more shopping to do." What was he? A teenage girl. I giggled at his demanding tone to hurry to buy more clothes, so I hurried.

***

When we were done and filled the truck with bags, we went to a restaurant, I look down at my jeans and shirt and frowned.

"You look good." Zach assured me giving me a prize winning smile, my knees almost buckled. He led me to the door where we go a table for two, sitting down with our menus, I see him peak up looking at me.

"What?" He seem to be in a trance staring at me, I noticed him leaning forward, I didn't stop him as I felt his soft lips on mine. He tasted like tropical fruit, I felt his tongue parting my lips, I let him in. The kiss lasted a while before he pulled away leaving us both catching our breaths.

"You taste sweet." He smirks as my face turns as red as a cherry.

"You do Too." I respond quietly, as I see him blush as well. The waiter comes breaking us from our embarrassing moment, I order steak with rice while Zach gets pasta. I didn't take him as that kind. After our meal it was dark outside, he took my hand and led me to the truck back home.

I didn't know what happened, we were on my bed making out, it happened so fast I moaned when I felt his hand slid up my shirt. I looked over his shoulder seeing Alex in the doorway, Zach got off me and look as well, again mixed looks passed between the two before Alex left.

I quickly got up and followed him. "Alex wait its not.." He stopped turning around to look at me.

"It is that." He says quietly turning to the window. "ill leave yo to it then." I saw single tear slip from his eye as he shifting into an owl flying off ignoring my calls.

Alexander

I flew for a while before landing in a tree, I knew this would happen. Zach my best friend took my mate from me, and why? My black Eyes scanned the ground, why was I alive?

If I couldn't have my mate I was useless, my existence was gone, my purpose. I flapped my wings flying into the shy locking them letting myself fall ill die right now.

I closed my eyes letting my body shift to myself during the free fall, feeling the air rush around me.

Zach. I saw Zach, his face was clam and serious my animal screeched 'MATE.' Was that why? Was Zach my....

I shifting stopping the fall and landing, shifting back, looking towards the house my eyes glowing bright amber.

Zach......