Suspicions for Tomorrow

To whomever is reading this. It's probably too late for your help. We might have already been caught or something. Oh wait. Wrong subject.

Was I just writing that on my math homework? Ugh I am so clueless!! I should just erase it. And I did. I sigh and my mom comes into my room with a bowl of something in her hand.

She takes a chip from the bowl and dips it into the dip she made and hands it to me. "Homework must be stressful huh?" She points to my erased story line.

I was thinking of my reading assignment while doing math. "Seems like it. Mom, when am I able to see some.... Action from Hawkmoth?" I asked.

"I don't know. I have been trying my hardest to predict the date but it's out of my reach" she sighs. She places her hand on her temples and takes a chip and pops it into her mouth.

"I'm here! What's the problem?" Marinette bursts through the door. My mom almost screamed, as well as me, but we calmed down after we realized it was Marinette.

"Oh it's my homework. Can you help?" I ask, laughing nervously after she frowns. "You texted me it was urgent and this is what you ment by urgent kitty? I swear you can get your panties in a knot sometimes" she facepalms.

My mom stands up and Marinette takes notice she was there. "Oh hi! You must be Marinette! I'm Adrien's mom" she smiles warmly at Marinette. Marinette and my mom shake hands and my mom leaves the room to us two.

"Adrien I have been patrolling lately.... Still no signs of trouble. I feel that the air seems to be.... Dense" she frowns.

"Could Hawkmoth be the problem?" I ask. "It doesn't seem sinister.. maybe evil has quit for a bit since its becoming winter..." She says.

"Isnt that a good thing?" I try to cheer her up. "Well that means that either we don't know that there's been another akuma released or Hawkmoth is gonna start with his own plans. I have been mapping out something here" she opens her purse and her companion flys out of there and sits on her shoulder.

She pulls out a map of Paris. "See? There is all the places we fought with people who have been with an akuma. It seems to happen farther away from here doesn't it? There's nothing even in a mile radius of your place! Well an exception was the thing for your birthday but I didn't count that... But he wasn't gonna trash your house or something and I bet Hawkmoth didn't even know that took place here..." she makes a big circle with her finger around my house.

"Well? Maybe this house is special" I say. "No but it's probably where Hawkmoth resides. Maybe below or above your house? You just don't know since ya know.... There's the catacombs underneath us..." She points below.

"You mean the cat-acombs" I tried to make a pun. "You are a silly kitty" she sticks out her tongue playfully and pets my hair.

"Seriously Adrien. Maybe I'm right!" She exclaims. She folds up the map and stands up. "Well I need to go. I need to talk with my parents about something that's due. Make sure you practice your lines for that play! I already am!" She gives a small smile and leaves the room with no words said.

I sigh, getting ready to go up to the attic to see if I can prove Marinette's theory. Although.... I don't really know how to get up there.

I walk out of my room and through the hall and down the stairs. I saw my mom in the living room and decided to ask her first.

"Hey mom? Do you know by any chance how to get to the attic?" I asked. She looks up at me, still sitting on the couch. "Isnt the only place to the attic in the kitchen?? Well that's the only place I know" she said and went back to watching her program. I sigh, walking into the dining room and through the doors that lead into the kitchen.

I really don't know why I am doing this. It's only a suspicion right? But... Better safe than sorry. I asked a lady if she could find a way into the attic since... It was really high up. She showed me a button on a panel of buttons on a wall. And I pushed it.

The attic stairs swings down and touch the floor. The door to the attic opens. I start to climb the stairs carefully, they were creaking under my weight. I guess this attic opening hasn't been used in a while.

When I got to the top, I looked around at my surroundings. The attic was dark and.... Empty. I was expecting rats and stuff but they are not there. It's an empty attic. I get onto my legs and walked around. It's a really big attic. I found some stairs at the other side of the attic and started climbing. These didn't creak. They seemed more sturdy. When I got to the top, I looked back down to see that there was another way up here. I will check that out later.

I looked back at what I climbed up to see. There was a door, a kinda newish looking door. And I heard some muttering behind that door. I kinda want to know.... What's going on? I pulled out my phone to text Marinette that maybe her suspicion was right.

She texts back that we should explore this suspicion tomorrow. I kinda wanted to go at it today but.... No. Tomorrow. It can wait.