The Last Rehearsal

To be honest, I like it better when the stage was all set and everything was coming together instead of it being in broken pieces.

Sometimes during rehearsal, we had sound effects. Other times we had lighting done. But now, as I see the last rehearsal for tonight's performance come along very nicely, I was very proud.

Even Nathanael noticed the light that broke never really made a difference in the lighting or not. The principal was about to even let him free of charge but realized that was a piece of expensive equipment that needed to be paid for so didn't.

For the past days or so, Nathanael, Marinette, and I went and did community service around the city and we earned about 100 dollars. It was pretty easy to say the least.

Marinette even baked some pastries and handed them out to a restaurant for about 20 dollars. And we even got to eat a few. So now we had about 120 dollars just in case not a lot of people showed up and we had the whole amount of money needed to replace it.

So anyways, during rehearsal, Nathanael came up to me and whispered "hey if you can, come with your whole cat suit tonight. You've only had bits and pieces worn but this time just bring the whole costume because.... It's the night of the performance. Your ok with the fake suit right?" He asks.

I nod and then say "yeah the suit is just a little itchy but nothing I can't handle. It's ok. I will though I have it hanging in my closet". He nods, pats me on the back, and then walks off to talk to Mylene about the lights.

I sat down on a chair that was nearby as I quietly waited for things to start. Just then as I sat down, a cold thing landed on my shoulder. I turned to see what it was and turns outs it was Marinette holding a milk carton.

"Want it? I got two on accident because the vending machine kinda gave me two instead of one" she shook the milk. I grab it and thank her, looking at the carton design. "Chocolate. I love chocolate milk" Marinette giggled softly. "Same here. Thank you Mari. Hey where did you put the money?" I asked. Nathanael and I intrusted the money to Marinette last time we saw her so I never really knew where she put it.

"I put it in a secret box. Don't worry it's safe. I don't really think we need it till tomorrow" she assured me. "Ok. Thanks for the milk again" I smiled at her. "No problem. See you later, I need to take a costume to the costume room" she says and ruffles my hair as she walks away.