Got Her Back

The rain has stopped and the room is in silence. There is only an hour until the attack and we haven't set up yet. I try clear my thoughts, only letting the knowledge of my previous kill rest in my mind. I've done it before, I can do it again. Yet it was self defence before but we can make this look like it too. Right?
I check around the room, taking a mental note of all the areas we could possibly be seen, we would need to cover them. I wait patiently for the boys, turning back to the window. What's taking them so long? I promised I wouldn't leave the room but I hate not knowing what's happening.
I'm so lost in my head that I almost miss the door behind me creek open. I turn as I ball is thrown at my face. It misses and hits my shoulder instead. It still hurts but it doesn't do any damage.
I bend down to grab the ball, not knowing who actually threw it. "Haha very funny, but don't mess around, you might break them." I twirl it in my hands. "So this is the "weapons" we were promised huh?" I chuckle lightly.
"Creative huh?" I hear MingHai's voice. "That was my idea." Wait he's supposed to be with Ms Blackback.
"I don't understand, why didn't it work?" I hear her voice next. "It was supposed to kill her." Shit. What? I don't understand. Kill me? What's happening.
"I- I don't understand." I stutter my words, backing up against the window ledge. "Why do you have these? MingHao? Why are you not helping me? What have you done?" I ask so many questions I find it hard to even keep up with myself.
"He's on my side now." I feel the urge to crack a joke but I shouldn't, now is not the time. It will just make her want to kill me more.
"So you could say I've... Got her back." MingHao says the exact joke I was thinking, causing her to hit him lightly. I chuckle at the fact he said my joke. She must have done so thing to him. There is no way he would wilfully be on her side.
"What have you done to him?" I repeat my question. She laughs to herself, twirling another ball in her hand.
"I bet, if I hit you hard enough, in the right place, I could still kill you with one of these." She smirks to herself.
"Please help me." MingHao pleads. "She brainwashed me. I have to do as she says." My eyes water at the sound of his now terrified voice. He spoke different now than he did when he said that joke. Whatever she did, it's hurting him.
"Let him go, he doesn't need to be a part of this!" I plead, looking back a forth between them, gripping into the ball in my hands.
"Why would I do that? When I could have him kill you?" I remembered back to what my father told my mother.
"Because you wouldn't get to enjoy ending the life of the girl who plotted to end yours." I smirk, and so did she.
"Your a smart girl, I underestimated you. I should have listened to Dr Miles." Dr Miles. I remember that name, he was the man I was introduced to before the shelter. Gavin. The same man we got the weapons from. That's how she did this.
"What did he say about me?" I question, genuinely wondering what he knows about me.
"He's been watching you for years, all of you, he said you were born killers, smart too. Inseparable. But I wonder what would happen if I took the boys' perfect little girl away from them."