Not My Brother

MingHao's POV

Why did I always be the one to almost get her hurt? The one who betrays them? I can't be trusted. I only go back to the dorm because Jeonghan makes me, pulling me along as I hang my head in shame. I can't help the tears that escape as we slowly make our way down the street, back to the one place I doubt I'll be welcome.
"It wasn't your fault." Jeonghan tells me, over and over, trying to convince me that everything will be okay. "We don't blame you." I try believe him, but I know that they all hate me.
"You might not, but the others, they probably hate me." I say, my eyes watering more and more. Jeonghan stops and pulls me into a tight embrace, my head burrowing into his neck as I sob lightly. "They'll never forgive me. They won't want me to part of the family anymore." I whimper my long lasting worry. The fear of being outcasted has stuck with me from the shelter.
"You're wrong, come on, let's get back, I'll prove to you that nothing will change." He says, taking my head in his hands and making me look up at him, wiping my tears from my smooth cheeks. He holds me as we continue towards the dorm.
When we reach the front door I freeze, staring at the wooden shield that currently protects me. "Come on, MingHao, for me, please." He says as he pushes the handle and let's the door fall against the wall. I cautiously make my way through to the living room, where I find everyone waiting, everyone but Hansol.
"Where's Hansol?" I hear Jeonghan ask, looking round the room. I see SeungCheol shake his head before looking down at his hands. I have a feeling that's because of me. At that moment I hear the door slam shut and I turn in the direction of a clearly furious Hansol.
"YOU BASTARD! SHE TRUSTED YOU! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HELP PUT HER IN DANGER YOU FUCKING TRAITOR!" His face boiled red and his eyes watering, he roars abuse at me, making my eyes water. I try hold back my emotions but I fail.
"IM SORry-" my voice cracks and a sob escapes as I scream an apology. I cover my face with my hands, terrified of seeing his face like that.
"SORRY AINT GOING TO CUT IT THIS TIME MINGHAO! ARGH! I..." He lets out an anger filled breath, trying to calm himself slightly as he sees my tears. He slams his fist into the wall, groaning loudly in pain as he shakes it off. He turns to me, his fist still clenched, his face portaging his rage more than before. He's going to punch me. He's actually goi-
My thoughts are cut off by Chan pulling me backwards, causing me to fall back onto the couch beside SoonYoung, who places his arm round me, comforting me. As I look back up to my previous stop, I see Chan slap Hansol.
"Stop being a fucking dick. Can't you see he feels like shit? Don't you remember all those nights we had to comfort him that first time he almost got her hurt? Don't you think he's going to be in a bad enough state?" His eyes dart to me and back to Chan, his breathing is heavy and the room is silent, waiting for his response, waiting in hope that we can get past this.
"Fine, if you guys want to forgive him, it's your own fault when he fucks up again, but from now on, he ain't my brother." The takes the silver ring off his finger, throwing it on the floor. The ring that is supposed to unite us now lays in the centre of the room, as he storms back out of the dorm.
I feel my brothers crowd round me, leaving the ring where is was left. Did I really make him hate me that much? To not want to be part of this family anymore because of me? Is he really willing to throw away all of these years of being together, supporting each other, because of something I had no control over.