Innocence

MingHao's POV

"Where are we going Miss?" I ask our year head, Ms Blackback, as she leads me to a building I don't recognise.
"I need your help, but this man needs to speak to you first." She says as the door swings open, I rugged man in a white lab coat stands in front of us, inviting us in. I recognise this man, I don't remember how, or when I could have ever me him, but he looks familiar.
"Honoured you could make it, I need you to sit right here." He indicates to a stool and then looks up at me.
"Me?" He nods at my question and I sit, a puzzled look on my face.
"Look up there for me please." He points to the wall on front of me, which before long has illusions that make me dizzy. I hear him say words that I soon forget, but I feel the need to do what they say. To tell him everything about my brothers, my sister and I. To do everything that Ms Blackback tells me to. And to forget I've done so when they are not around.
The need to do so nags at me, making me impatient. I do as she says, until I leave her. I never remember what I do or why I do it, I just know I have to. When I'm along with Gavin I tell him everything. Yet I don't remember. I keep him updated on our plan and how well we are doing. I never remember it.
What have they done to me? When I'm with them, I remember the brainwashing, but when alone, or with my family, I always forget. Why?
I don't understand anything and I swear I don't want to do anything she makes me do, and I don't want to tell Gavin anything, but I don't have a choice. My entire body aches until I give in.
Why me? Is it because I look innocent? Nobody would suspect me? What is it about me that they decided I was the person to choose?
"Morning, miss, I've got news." I say the words before I can stop them. She nods as a signal to tell her. "They took the bait, the plan will take place at noon, I've to come collect you and take you along, and I've to delay you until then." She smirks.
"Then you will come as planned, and we will go along while she is the only one there, since she's the head of your operations. We'll use some of those weapons against her. You gave Gavin her DNA, right?" I not as her question, remembering the moment I betrayed my family. "Perfect. Thank you MingHao." I nod and leave her presence. Why the fuck does this keep happening to me? What did I do this time? Why do I keep going to her?
---
"MingHao! Come, we're going to play a game, want to play?" My little sister asks while sitting on a small plastic orange chair. I nod enthusiastically. "Great, it's to see who can be the first to make someone come through the door. To see how much we can act up to make them take charge." My eyes widen. I never thought about doing anything like that before, but it excited me. I wanted to see what we could do, what would make them, whoever they are, come to us. What if nobody did come? What if nobody was actually there? What would they do if the did come?
It excited me, and I joined in. We did whatever we could, causing chaos. All of us took part in the end. And finally someone came out.
She looked angry, I didn't recognise her. Who was she? "Do you brats have any idea what time it is? IT 2 O'CLOCK IN THE FUCKING MORNING!" Her raised voice scared me. "Which one of you started this? Who was the ring leader in all of this?" My breathing quickened. Our sister. She started it all. But I couldn't say anything. They would hurt her. I couldn't betray her trust like that.
The woman sense my fear, and I feel she knew I could never lie. "You," she said pointing to me, looking me dead in the eyes. "Who was it?" She came closer and closer, the stink of her breath getting stronger and stronger. "It was her wasn't it?" I didn't realise I had nodded my head, I was too scared. I didn't mean to do it. She over powered me, I would never do something like that to my family. They are all I have.
The woman stood tall, moving towards my sister, grabbing her wrist and taking the belt from her pocket. "This will teach you all a lesson." She snarled before raising her arm, whip in hand.
"STOP!" I hear a mans voice boom through the room. "Regina Petskevi, get your fucking ass in here now." She growled under her breath.
"You're luck he was here to protect you, next time you might not be so lucky."
---
I never forgot that moment. I almost got her hurt. I have never forgiven myself for what I did. I am surprised they forgave me. I cried myself to sleep that night, fearing I would no longer be accepted as part of the family. I woke up the next day with her arms around me, a tight embrace comforting me into feeling safe again.