Epilogue

After a few weeks of continuous interrogations, we were free to live our lives. The case was left with the concluding that I acted on self defence.
"Dad asked us over for dinner." Hansol says, well more like asks, as he pleats my hair. From between his legs I twist my body round to face him. I've met the man before but I didn't know that he was Hansol's father at that time. They told us the whole story of our past, in the shelter, how we got there. We're closer as a unit now, since they told us, shared our files with us.
This dinner was more important though, this time I was meeting him as his sons girlfriend, not just a lost little girl. "What if he doesn't like me? What if I'm not good enough for his son?" He smiles down at me.
"Don't be stupid, he already knows more about you than you do, just relax." I smile lightly as I lean in to peck his lips, snuggling into his warm body and close my eyes, listening to the slow beating of his heart.
This is how things should be. It took me time to accept this but I'm glad that I have, I want this. I'm still living on my own for now and the boys all still live in the dorm, it's nice for them to be together. I've been looking for places closer to them so I can visit more often, spend more time with my brothers, and my boyfriend. I'm still not used to calling him that, "my boyfriend". It's been two months since we started dating, although it feels like it's always been this way. When he confessed, everything made sense. I realised that he's been there all my life, by my side, protecting me, supporting me.
I feel his lips lightly press again my forehead and he strokes my hair, holding me tightly as we lay on the couch, feeling the moments slip by with ease. "I love you." I whisper, hearing him reply the same, reassuring me that he is mine and I am his.
"I finally have my angel."