Chapter 2

May 21, 2015 

Souix Falls, North Dakota

The sound of someone knocking on my hotel room door breaks me out of my thoughts. The chain lock rattling against the wood as the door shakes under the force of someones fist. If the person continues their assault, I'm sure it will fall from it's hinges.

I quickly shake my head trying to shake the memories away and snap the belt buckle to the right size and adjust my jeans.

"Lane, come on! I'm starving!" A familiar male voice yells from the hallway. I roll my eyes and crack a smile. 

There he was, good ole' Andrew. Right in time.

My best, and most annoying friend, continued to knock and pound on the door of my room until I answered him back. I'm almost entirely sure he woke up the entire floor with his morning shenanigans.

"I'm coming!" I shout with a growl.

"You are? You could've asked me to help! I would have been more than happy to oblige your needs, Lane!" He snickers at his own little comment, finding himself hilarious as usual. 

I blush at the fact I'm sure everyone in the entire hotel probably heard his big damn mouth. It was said freaking loud enough. The dirty perv. Always making comments that will embarrass you so bad, you will be sure to never show your face in that same place ever again.

I can't even count with all my fingers and toes when it comes to places I will never go back to because of his stupid ass. 

But that's what friends are for I suppose. He is better than hanging out with other women. They are just conniving and cause so much more drama. Trying to accuse you of stealing their man when all you do is make friendly conversations with them. You can't be friends with the opposite sex without someone thinking you like them or want more. 

Therefore, that is why Andrew is the only one that knows my first name is Alaina and not Lane. He's the only one I trust these days. And I just decided to give myself the nickname from the get go because I didn't want the other riders to know I was actually a woman. It saved me having to listen to their sexist bullshit.

Besides, I absolutely loved it. It always reminded me of the great Lane Frost. Who, someday, I hoped I would live up to.

"Shut up, Andrew! Just meet me in the lobby for fuck's sake!" I finally yell through the door when I can't take the knocking anymore. He was just about as bad as a woman. Impatient and a big ass whining baby. 

It didn't help that he was more than likely hungover and hungry. I'm sure the toilet was his best friend this morning and his stomach was not.

"Fine, but since I was first one ready, your buying breakfast!" He huffed before stomping down the hallway.

I rolled my eyes at his childishness. Always such a damn baby. I'm usually always the first one ready and waiting on his hungover, poky ass to get ready to go. 

Sometimes, I even have to help him get into bed the night before. Making sure the waste basket is beside the bed just in case he decides to spew his guts out. Stripping him down to his knickers after he's already decided to get sick on himself. It's fucking never ending with him. He really is like a child. That I wasn't lying about. 

Sometimes I eel more ike his mother than his friend.

I put my brown cowboy boots on and grab my wallet, truck keys, and room card and head down to the lobby. Andrew is leaning on a pillar in all his handsome glory. He was a typical black haired, green eyed, well built, male beauty. And, might I say, quite full of himself.