Chapter 6

May 22, 2015 

Souix Falls,North Dakota 

The sun is so bright on my face. My eyes burn as I open them. The light too much for my pounding head.

Why didn't I close the blinds? I let out a small whimper of distress.

I just want to lay in bed all day and not talk to anyone. I don't know if I can bear to face Ryan again after last night. In all honesty, I really don't want to. How can you face someone after something like that?

Something so heartbreaking.

I turn my head and glance at the clock, it's only eight in the morning. I groan in frustration and get out of the king sized bed. 

Slowly, I trudge to the bathroom and shower, then do my make-up and hair. They dark circles under my eyes are difficult for me to cover today.

My eyes have a puffiness as if they are swollen from all the tears that I spilled last night.

I dress in a long sleeved black plaid shirt and wranglers again and slip on my brown boots. It's only nine in the morning now and I know Andrew isn't awake yet and I am not in the mood to put up with him. He can find his own damn ride today. 

Jerk.

I pick up my black stetson cowboy hat and put it on my head. I grab everything I need and head out the door. I take about five steps down the hallway towards the elevator when I hear him behind me.

"Laina." I scream loudly as I turn around, putting my hand on my chest.

"Ryan, what the hell!? You know I hate that!" I glare at him. 

Although he smiles, I can still see the pain in his eyes. They look red as if he had been crying. Swollen and puffy just like mine.

"You wanna get some breakfast with me?" He quickly asks and I just nod my head not trusting my voice. 

He looks so good in a blue button up shirt and wrangler jeans with his boots. His white cowboy hat bringing out his bright gray eyes. 

Gah! Stop it! I want to pull my hair out. Why, even when he looks miserable, he looks excellent? It's not fucking fair.

The ride in the elevator is tense and awkward. Not one of us knows what to say to each other. It is so frustrating but nice at the same time. 

What would I even begin to say? 

We walk out through the lobby of the hotel and walk down the street to a small diner Andrew and I had visted the morning before. It has an older look to it but is nice. We take a seat and order our food. I try my best not to look at him. I feel like it's our first date all over again and I am squirming in my seat.

"Nice to know I still have this effect on you." He smirks.

"Shut up." I mumble and I try to hold back my smile.

"This is nice. I missed this." He says seriously.

"Don't, Ryan. Please don't." I shake my head. "Don't bring back the memories I've tried so long to forget." I beg.

I don't feel like reminiscing right now.

He sighs, clenching his jaw. I'm not trying to make him mad I just don't think I'm ready to really forgive him yet. 

"When did you start bull riding, Laina?" He asks changing the subject. I don't answer until the waiter leaves after setting our coffee's down on the table.