Chapter 17

July 30, 2012 

Monterey, California

Ryan is driving my truck up the California coast and I am practically bouncing in my seat as I look out the window at the scenery.

 All I can see is the ocean, I watch in fascination as the waves crash along the shoreline. It's my first time to the ocean and I am ecstatic. 

Ryan pulls over into a small area to park and I jump out before he can even turn it off. I run as fast as my legs can carry me down to the small beach area. I only stop to pull off my flip flops and throw my towel in the white sand.

Once my feet hit the blue water, I squeal excitedly and smile from ear to ear. The water is cold as runs over my toes. Turning around I see Ryan on the beach looking at me amused and shaking his head.

I walk out of the water and over too him. He has on a white v neck t-shirt and a pair of light blue swimming trunks with some sandals. 

He looks as handsome as ever but odd in a way. I have never really seen him without boots on. He gives me a smirk when he see's me checking him out. 

I run, closing the distance between us and jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. He kisses me passionately before setting me down.

"Wanna swim, baby?" He asks me and takes off his shirt. 

I can't help but drool over his body. It seems like I can and will never get enough of him. There isn't a night that has gone by that we haven't made sweet, passionate, love with one another.

"I thought you'd never ask." I answer and start taking off my cut off shorts and tank top. I hear him groan as I lift off my shirt. 

My white bikini top fits tightly against my breasts to the point where it is almost too small. My white bottoms are tied on both sides of my hips.

"You're going to be the death of me." He states and grabs me by the waist, kissing the back of my neck.

"Right back at you, cowboy." I say as I bolt towards the water, leaving him in the dust. The sand flying out from underneath my feet as they swiftly move across it.

I squeal when Ryan catches me and throws me over his shoulder and runs to the water, jumping into the waves, soaking us both from head to toe. 

We laugh and splash each other for hours. Rough housing and dunking one another.

As old as we are we even play in the sand when we lay on the beach and Ryan even lets me bury him. People give a curious stares but we ignore them and continue our fun. We stay at the beach all day long, until the sun starts to set, and we watch it fall over the water.

[*]

Driving me back to our hotel we are both exhausted from being out in the sun all day and swimming.

"Thank you, Ryan." I tell him and give him a smile.

"For what, baby?"

"For taking me to the ocean. I loved it. It was one of the best days of my life." I smile taking his hand.

"You're welcome, baby. What day is the best day of your life?" He asks curiously. I blush.

"Meeting you." I whisper and look out the window.

"Mine too." He says and I whip my head around towards him. He is giving me a loving look.

"Really?" I ask.