Chapter 27

WARNING EXPLICIT CONTENT

November 7, 2015 

Austin, Texas

 "Ryan! Put me down right now!" I snarl at him, smacking his back as he carries me back to the house.

I've been cooped up in the house since I have been released from the hospital, which was a little over a week ago, and I'm absolutely going insane.

Ryan has been very overbearing, making sure I don't over exert myself. This is my fifth escape attempt and I've been caught every single time. Dustin is a big tattle tale and that's all I have to say about him.

"No!" He growls, stomping his way up the porch steps and into the house.

"You just wait!" I hiss, smacking him in the butt.

I yelp as he swats my behind roughly. I huff and roll my eye's. I'm about to knock him out with the cast iron skillet I have in the kitchen.

He plops me down on the couch and stands in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest. We have a glaring contest for a few minutes before he finally speaks.

"If I so much as see you come out of this house again I am going to take you over my knee and spank that sweet little ass of your's so hard, you won't be able to sit for a week." He says seriously.

The little remark has me narrowing my eye's at him. "Than you better warm up your hands right now, cause there is no way I'm sitting in this house for one more day!"

He smirks and my eye's go wide.

He wouldn't.

"As you wish, baby."

He would!

I get off of the couch and make a bee-line for the front door. His heavy footsteps coming up quickly behind me.

I actually make it out the door and then take off running toward the barn. Not once do I dare look back to see how close he is getting.

Thankfully, I see Flash happily grazing in the pasture and make my way towards him. He will be my only escape.

"Alaina Marie, don't you dare jump over that fence!" Ryan shouts, but it's too late. I'm already over the top and still running.

Flash looks my way and excitedly runs towards me. I haven't seen him since the day I got out of the hospital when Ryan actually let me outside for no more than ten minutes.

When he's close enough, I swing myself up on his back.

"Alaina! Get your ass off that horse right now!" Ryan roars.

Sticking my tongue out at him, I urge Flash forward and he takes off running towards the fence, jumping it with ease. 

I giggle as the wind whips through my hair as we run towards the tree's. It's been so long since I've been on a horse it seems and it's so refreshing.

Flash seems to be having fun as well. He is running faster and faster and has no intentions of stopping any time soon.

And I'm perfectly fine with that.

For hours he carries me through the woods. Until the sun starts to slowly descend in the sky.

He finally carries me back towards the barn and a wave of sadness hits me. I'm not ready to stop riding but I know I have to.

Part of me doesn't want to face Ryan's wrath, but either way, I have to. It's just that I don't feel like arguing over something so petty.

Once Flash is finally placed back in his stall, I sluggishly and cautiously make my way back inside the house.