Chapter 10

May 13, 2012 

Austin, Texas

"Why are you stopping here?" I question Ryan as he pulls over to the side of the rode. We are literally in the middle of nowhere. We haven't passed one car for almost the entire drive. All that can be seen are tree's and rundown pavement venturing on for miles and miles. "Are you going to murder me then chop me up into little pieces and bury parts of my body all over Texas?"

Letting out a full belly laugh, "No, baby, I'm just going to feed it to the gator's." He looks at me and shakes his head before he gets out of the truck. 

Okay, this is officially the weirdest date, well the only date, I've ever had. So I guess I really wouldn't know how weird it was. There are some days I regret not ever going on dates. At least if I would have, I would know what to expect.

"What are you thinking about?" I yelp in surprise. I hadn't even realized he had opened the passenger door. I was too busy thinking about my pathetic dating life and having no experience with the opposite sex.

"I was just thinking of how I wished I would've dated before. Then at least I would know what to expect." I say honestly.

He frowns. 

What did I say wrong? 

See, this is why I needed to get out more! I don't know what kind of crap you should say or shouldn't say! It's so frustrating!

Reaching up towards my face, he gently cups my cheek with his hand. "I don't know if I would like it if you had. Knowing you had dated other guys before me would drive me crazy. I like being your first." He says and helps me out of the truck. 

I swear I hear him say 'and your last' but I think I'm hallucinating in this Texas heat. He takes my hand in his and I follow him down a small hidden path by the side of the road.

The weeds are almost overtaking the path, leaning over the dirt, hiding what's truly underneath. Thorn bushes snag my jeans and shirt as I try and push the brush out of my way. 

After about five minutes of walking he stops in his tracks and looks around at a few trees. I have a minor panic attack thinking someone is following us until he picks up two fishing poles hidden up in the branches of a tree.

"Fishing?" I ask with my eyebrow raised as he grins.

"Yep." He says, handing me a fishing pole of my own. "Come on. We are almost there." The anticipation is starting to kill me.

Finally, after a few more minutes we reach a small pond. It's perfect. The water is perfectly still and undisturbed, except for the occasional fish surfacing to snatch up a bug on the top. I can't help but smile.

"You like it?" I am at a loss for words and nod my head. "Every time I am in Austin, Texas I come here. I'm surprised the fishing poles were still there. It's been about a year since I've came here. I use this place to think or relax, depends really. I don't think anyone ever comes out here much anymore." He states rambling. It's as if he is starting to get nervous.

"Well, this is the best first date I've ever been on." My smile has to stretch from ear to ear as I look at out at the water.

He cups my chin with his fingers and my eyes meet his. "I'm so happy you said that. I was worried you wouldn't like it." He whispers and plants a soft kiss on my lips, leaving me wanting more.

To my surprise, he pulls out a white styrofoam container of worms from an inside pocket in his shirt. 

When did he get those?