Chapter 19

August 3, 2012 

Back in Texas

I sat in the passenger's seat of my truck just thinking, as Ryan drove. The tree's whizzing by as we passed. 

California had been great. Well, most of it anyways. 

Despite all that had happened while we were there, I still had a great time. I still couldn't get my head around the fact that I might be pregnant. 

Would Ryan even want a baby? 

Was I even ready to be a mother? 

What would my dad do to me? I instantly pale at the thought. 

He would probably kill me in the cruelest way possible. No joke. I didn't even want to think about it. 

"Are you okay, Laina?" Ryan asked. I turned to look at him, giving him a small smile.

"I'm fine. Just tired. I'm sad we have to go back." I half lied to him. 

I really didn't want to go back but I wasn't tired at all. I was scared to death of what would happen after this.

Thing's could either go really bad, or really good. I wasn't sure which of the two was going to happen yet. But, I was keeping my faith in the really good option.

"Don't worry. One day, I'll buy us a place close to the ocean." He grinned.

"Us? You mean you?" I asked.

"Nope. It will be ours." He smirked causing me to giggle.

"Well, I guess we should start saving up then." I laughed shaking my head.

"I already have been." He stated. I look at him shocked. He was really serious.

"Oh." I mumble.

"I love you, Alaina. No matter what, I always will. I see a future with you. You're the one for me." I feel the tears well up in my eye's.

"I love you too, Ryan. Always." He smiles and takes my hand in his, giving it a gentle kiss on the back.

The rest of the ride was silent. We were both exhausted by the time we arrived at my house. 

It was almost two a.m. when we pulled in the driveway. After unloading the horse's we decided to just head to bed.

It was seven a.m. when I woke up. Ryan, of course, was out like a light and I didn't figure he would be up anytime soon. I giggled as I escaped the hold his arms had on me. 

I dressed in a pair of jeans and an old plain white t-shirt. After tucking in my shirt, I put on my belt. I looked in the mirror before exiting the room. My boobs looked slightly bigger than normal and my stomach felt bloated. My face looked like it was glowing. 

I never really thought pregnant women had a glow until now. 

Shaking my head, I was still in disbelief. I needed to go in town and get a pregnancy test to find out for sure. And I needed to do it while everyone was still in bed.

After quietly sneaking out of the house, I made my way to my truck. 

I un-hitched the horse trailer before heading into town. For as early as it was, town was busy. It must have been the since there would be a small rodeo in town in a few weeks. 

I pulled into the local pharmacy to buy some tests. I couldn't take them at home. I didn't want my dad finding out. After purchasing the tests I opened the box sticking all three of the small white sticks in my pocket and found the nearest bathroom.