Chapter 3

May 2, 2012 

Austin, Texas

"You're so sure of yourself aren't you, cowboy?" I hiss as he stears Rebel towards my truck and trailer, through the crowds of people standing around. This man is already really starting to get on my nerves in only the fifteen minutes I've known him.

 As sexy as he was, he is still a class A jerk, in my opinion.

"I just know what I want. I always get what I want." He states matter of fact. I can't help but roll my eyes. 

Such an arrogant asshole. Ugh!

"Trust me, cowboy, I'm not what you want. I'm nobody special." I tell him truthfully as he stops Rebel by my truck and trailer. How did he even know this was my truck? I wonder to myself but don't dare ask him.

"Oh, but Miss Jackson, you are. I know what I want. You." He simply states sliding off the horse to the ground. 

I want to hit him, I think to myself, really fucking bad.

Before I know it, he grabs my waist and lifts me to the ground causing me to squeal. For a minute, he doesn't let me go, he just stares down at me as one hand caresses my cheek tenderly. Gray eyes meeting forest green. 

Just one touch of his hand has my stomach clenching, one look has goosebumps traveling all over my skin. Desire pooling deep in my belly.

"I-..., uh, let me just get Rebel taken care of then we can get this date over with." I say wiggling out of his grip. He chuckles a bit at my actions.

"Miss Jackson, you are one of a kind." He gives me a half smile, showing his perfect white teeth. 

Ah! It just makes him more handsome. Dammit!

Breathtakingly beautiful.

"Well, I should hope so, Mr. Adams." I mumble, sarcastically. I shake my head in disbelief, unsaddling Rebel with shaking hands. 

What does this guy want with me? There are so many, much more beautiful girls around here than myself. And yet he wants to choose me? 

He better not just be wanting sex, cause he is not getting it from me!

That is the one thing I refuse to give to somebody I do not love. The one thing in my life I have control over. My innocence.

"Here. I'll put him in." He takes the lead rope from my hands and loads Rebel in the trailer, not even giving me a chance to protest.

"Thanks." He just nods and shuts the door as I put the tack in the bed of my black Ford pick-up.

"So, how about you tell me where to meet you? I have to drop the trailer off and take my horse home first." I cross my fingers behind my back, hoping he will agree, so I can stand him up. I really just want to get away from him. 

No, I need to.

"No. I'll drive you." He says, quickly snatching my keys out of my hands. I look at him in shock and my mouth drops open. "I know what you're up to, and you're not getting away that easy." He chuckles, almost evilly.

"Gah! You are the most stubborn, infuriating, man I have ever met!" I yell furiously, stomping my foot after trying to grab the keys he holds over his head. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't reach them. I wasn't about to climb on him to get them either.

"It's a gift, baby." He says, giving me a cocky smirk jingling them in front of my face to taunt me even more. I growl and stomp over to the passenger side door of the truck, climbing in and slamming the door shut to show him just how mad I am.