Chapter 19

~Reunited And A Way Out~

Lucy's Point of View

I woke up the next morning and looked around to see if Minho returned. I saw no sign of him and gave a sigh. I felt the tears coming upon me again. I'm tired of crying but there isn't anything I can do.

I walked out to see the damage that happened yesterday. It wasn't as bad as the first night because the Glader was gone in about an hour while it took about 6 hours for the Grievers to get Alby. Anyway I made my way to the front of the Doors and looked out. Probably not the safest thing to do but I don't care.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore and coughed out uncontrollable sobs. I was crying and shaking until two people picked me up and hugged me. I didn't even look up to see who it was. One of the people who hugged me began to rub circles on my back that calmed me down. I looked up to see.

Tommy and Newt.

I was in Tommy's arms and Newt was rubbing circles on my back. I cried and cried until there was nothing left to come out. We just sat there in silence. It was a comfortable silence though.

"Luce, you can't get yourself all upset over this." Tommy's said. I just sat there. So he continued.
"For all we know, Minho could be alive and coming ba-."

"Speak of the devil." Newt cutting him off. I looked up to see what he was talking about. There, at the end of the corridor was Minho? Minho! I sprang up out of Tommy's arm only to be pulled back in.

"He could be stung Lucy." He said.

"Minho?" said Newt standing up from his crouching position.

"What shuck face?" Minho grumbled. I ran out of Tommy's arms and ran to Minho. Minho saw me and hugged me back. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Hey princess." He said smiling.

"Shut up." I said and smashed my lips into his.I never kissed him so hard before. I felt the same spark exploding in my stomach. I let go of the kiss and looked at him. Then I took my hand and slapped him across the face.

"OW! Lucy? What was that for?" He said in shock.

"That's for scaring that crap out of me! I have been a mess these pass three days." I said with more tears forming.

"Love, I'm sorry." He said wiping my tear stain cheeks. I saw the tears forming in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I said putting my hands on his face.

"I feel horrible about what I did to you and the other Gladers. There was something I needed to do. And I did it. Can you forgive me?" He asked with tears rolling down his face.

"Of course princess." I said and kissed him again. This time the kiss was gentle. We must have been making out for a while because Thomas coughed, loudly.

I let go and gave him a quick peck, and wiped his tear face. I gave him a smile and he returned.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Minho put me down and grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. We made our way to Thomas and Newt where they gave each other 'bro' hugs.

I snorted and they all looked at me like I had three heads. They all formed a circle and whispered quietly then turned back to me. Before I could say anything Minho came and picked me up while Newt and Tommy began to tickle my sides.

"Stop. Stop!" I squealed.

"Never." They laughed. After about 5 minutes of tickling me they stopped.

"So" Newt began "we are going to hold a gathering later."

"About what?" I asked.

"About rainbows Lucy. Minho of course!" He said in a sassy and funny tone. "Everyone get to work, except the Runner's."

"Uhh Newt?" Tommy said.

"Yep?"

"Minho and I are the only Runners left."

"What?" Minho said.

"Your missing a Runner." Newt said smirking.

"Who?" Minho and Tommy said in unison. Newt looked down towards  me causing Tommy and Minho to look even more confused.

"Her?" Tommy said.

"Yep." Newt said.

"Since when?" Tommy said asking me.

"Yesterday morning. I'm also a Cook, and Med-Jack. I have talked to all of the Keepers about it, well except one." I said looking up to Minho.

"No. Way."

"Why." I whined.

"Lucy. Your still injured and I don't want you getting hurt anymore."

"He is right." Tommy said.

"Well since Newt is in charge now, I'm a Runner." I said. Newt looked away slightly, not wanting to be dragged into the problem.

"Look, we will figure this out at the gathering. Ok?" He said.

"Ok." We all said.

"Now, Luce, go find Frypan. You will be working with him. And I'm assuming that most of the Gladers are hungry."

"Ok." I said. I began to walk off when I felt someone walking behind me. I turned to see Minho following me.

"What's up?" I said.

"I'm following you cause I can't go running." He said frowning.

"Awh poor baby." I said chuckling.

"What if you skip working with Frypan. I missed three days of kisses." He said pouting.

"You and I both know that Newt will be extremely pissed if I skip."

"Then I'll help you in the kitchen, all day." He said smirking.

"Ok." I said smiling and leaned in and kissed him. We were making out when I heard Newt yell at us to get to work.

At the Gathering

All of the Keepers were seated along with me and Thomas. I kept making face at Thomas who kept giving them back to me. Newt walked in and the Keepers got quiet, waiting for him to make his move.

"So, I called this gathering because there is a lot we need to talk about. Let's just get into it. So, Minho, why in the bloody hell would you go into the maze."

"Well, if you shanks don't remember what Alby said 'then they return home' I followed the Grievers to there 'home', and I think I might have found a way out."

Hey guys! So I made some corrections in the past two chapters to check it out. Hope you all enjoy Chapter 19 ~Reunited And A Way Out~
Byeee 🤘🏻

l🌞