Chapter 38

~Search~

Lucy's Point of View

The rest of the car ride was full of silence. I just looked out the window and hoped that I would find them.

I already told Tommy what had happened and he told me not to give up. He also told me that they were some how brought back to the city and they had to start over again.

We began to hit some tough terrain until some cars were blocking out paths.

"We do this as a safety precaution. People have to move, giving us a better shot of they are trying to hurt us or rob us."

I nodded again and we both got out of the car. We heard some one shout stop right there. We both stopped and Sam looked up.

"It's Sam! I have someone with me! Send Sally down!" He cried.

"Got it!" A girls voice echoed off the mountains.

We continued to walk until a woman stopped us. She had jet black hair and blue eyes. She was very tall as well. Well, everyone is tall to me.

"Hi. I'm Sally! We are going to take you back to camp. Is that alright?" She asked nicely. I smiled slightly.

"Yes, thank you."

"Sal I'm going to hang back a bit. I'll talk to you two later." Sam said walking were Sally came from.

"Follow me." Sally told me. I began to trail her to another car. We both got in it and she began to drive.

"So, how did you end up in the scorch?" She asked while keeping her eyes on the road.

"Well, my group was stuck in a maze. We escaped and we were brought to a WICKED camp. So we escaped that as well and here I am." I said flatly.

"Where is the rest of your group?"

"We got spilt up."

She didn't say anything and kept driving. She sighed.

"I was a worker from WICKED. I used to help Ava Paige with her needs. Call me a slave basically. I escaped a few years ago when things seemed to get weird."

"Is everyone in the scorch a worker for WICKED at one point?"

"Not really. Most people lived here already. There are all types of camps set up all around the scorch. TRA though probably has the most workers from WICKED. We are trying to get everyone out of WICKED and destroy the whole thing completely."

I nodded. I looked at the window and wondered where everyone is.

Tommy's Point of View

"How much further?" Frypan asked what seemed like the seventh time.

"We are here." I said. We made it to a small cave on one of the mountains. By tomorrow, we should be where Lucy is... Hopefully.

We made a small fire in the middle of the cave and we all sat around it. We managed to still keep some water and food available to us. Everyone ate.

I decided to check up on her.

"Ring ring." I said sarcastically.

"Hello."

"How are you? Minho is practically going crazy without you here."

"I'm worried, scared, nervous-"

"Why?"

"That I won't find you. Tommy these people are our way out, I need to find you and everyone else. We have one day left and I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't find you. I mean what if I can't leav-"

"Luce, you need to calm down, we will find you. I promise. Ok?"

"Alright."

"Can you tell everyone that I love them and miss them?" She asked.

"Lucy says that she loves you all and misses you all." I said to everyone. Everyone smiled, well everyone except Minho. Can't blame him. He misses her. Badly.

"Gotta go, they need me to help them. Love you Tommy."

"Bye."

A few hours pass and eventually everyone fell asleep. I had first watch and stayed up. I hope my promise stays true...

OMG I UPDATED!!! WOOO! I'm sorry it's been like 2000 years since I updated. JK it's been like a month but it's still a longggg time. Btw WE HIT 2k!!!👏🏼👏🏼 Thank you guys for supporting me even tho I haven't updated frequently. Love you all. Hope you all enjoyed chapter 38 ~Search~ Bye!!

l🌞