Chapter 20

~Plan~

Lucy's Point of View

"A way out." I said breaking the silence. After Minho had said he found a way out, everyone was quite.

"Yep."

"We can't leave. Not at a time like this." Gally said.

"What do you mean?" Newt said.

"Grievers are crawling all over the place. Minho was lucky enough to get back to the Glade. Now you want to send everyone out into the maze and put everyone's life endanger? I don't like this."

"This could an opportunity for everyone though. We could all leave these place and be free of WICKED Gally. Come on think about what your saying. You rather stay here, with the Grievers than go and be free?" Minho said getting annoyed.

"I am thinking about what I'm saying shuck face! Your the one who wants to get everyone killed!" Gally said raising his voice.

"Me? Get everyone killed? YOU NEARLY KILLED LUCY GALLY! YOU AND THAT PIECE OF CRAP ALEX. AND YOUR TELLING ME THAT I WANT TO GET EVERYONE KILLED." Minho said yelling.

"At least I use my brain." Gally muttered.

"SHUT IT!" Newt yelled. "This is why these gatherings never go right. You two always fight!"

They both ignored Newt and continued to battle.

"LUCY AND THOMAS ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE HERE GALLY! HELL, THEY HAVE GIVEN US SOME CLUE ON WHATS HAPPENING! AT LEAST SOME OF US DON'T-"

"What do you mean gave you a clue?" Gally asked. Minho took a minute to realize what he had just said. None of the Gladers knew about Tommy and I's memories. Only Newt and Minho.

"Uh.." Minho said clueless on what to say.

"Exactly what I'm talking about! He just made them look dangerous. If Newt isn't going to take place of leader than I will. And in favor of me being leader say I." Gally said. I was shocked when majority of the Keepers said I. I looked over to Newt to see the color from his face drain.

"Gally you can't just do that. I'm second-in-command. You can't just waltz in and become leader."

"It's what the people want Newt. The Gladers don't see you as a leader, they probably see you as a weakling, idiot-"

"Gally shut the fuck up." I said. "How dare you talk to Newt like that. He is a better leader than you'll ever be. How come he is second-in-command and you aren't. If Alby was here you wouldn't be acting like this. I pretty sure that everyone doesn't appreciate you walking over everyone you think is weak. So grow the hell up that your no as intelligent, smart-" Before I can process what happened, Gally punched me in the face, causing black spots to appear in my vision.

"There. Now as your new leader, I command you take her and her brother to the pit. We will banish them at sundown."

Then I passed out.

When I woke up I was no longer at the council, I was in some sort of concrete area with bars at the top made out of sticks. I looked around to see Thomas looking at me. Something was wrong because he cringed at the sight of me.

"Nice to see you too." I said.

"Thank god! You've been out for a day."

"Really? What even happened? Where is Minho? Newt and Chuck? What about-"

"Slow down. Minho, Newt, and Chuck went to get some food. They have been here ever since we got in here."

"Why are we here?"

"Gally punched you in the face, then you blacked out. Everyone agreed with Gally that he should be the leader and they put me and you in the pit. We are being banished tomorrow at sundown. We were going to tonight but you were still passed out."

"Tommy." I said with my voice full of worry.

"I don't like it either but your boyfriend seemed to have it all figured out." He said in an annoyed tone.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean that he has a plan."

"Which is?"

"Not figured out yet." Minho said walking with three plates of food.

"Minho." I said smiling. I didn't realize that I missed him so much.

"Hey princess." He said. He leaned down and passed us some food.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. Newt and Chuck are coming; they were busy blabbing to Fry. How are you feeling?"

"It hurts." I said touching my eye.

"You took quite a beating Lu." Tommy said.

"What are we doing about tomorrow?" I said in worry.

"Yes Minho, please tell us all what we are doing tomorrow." Newt said walking with food and Chuck. They both plopped down and began eating like the rest of us.

"I know what I saw. That is our ticket out of here. Let's just go. The five of us."

"Minho! There are other Gladers here who want to leave too." Newt said protesting.

"I know I know. I just. Haven't figured out a plan to get everyone out with Gally." Minho said. I began to think. How could we get out without Gally realizing that we are missing.

"Does Gally know I'm awake?" I asked.

"Not yet." Chuck said.

"Perfect." I said. Then I began to unfold our plants escape.

When night came around

Newt and Chuck left a while ago and Tommy fell asleep. It was just me and Minho.

"So." Minho said.

"So." I said mocking him.

"How badly I want to be there with you."

"I know."  I said. "I have missed you a lot these past couple of days. What if my plan doesn't work tomorrow Minho? What if-"

"If I was in there I would cut you off by kissing you. I obviously can't. Love, your plan is going work. It's brilliant. None of us shanks would have thought of it. Just relax ok?" I nodded and we sat in silence.

"You should get some rest, it's not like I'm going anywhere."

"Yeah, ok. Goodnight princess." Minho said standing up.

"Night babe." And with that, he got up and walked towards where all of the rest of the Gladers sleep. I turned back to Thomas to see him sleeping. I chuckled lightly and messed up his hair.

I laid down on the uncomfortable concrete and fell asleep, dreading tomorrow.

Hey y'all! So hope you all enjoyed Chapter 20 ~Plan~
Bye!!! :))))))))

l🌞