Chapter 28

~Aris~

Lucy's Point of View

I hugged Thomas harder when Newt said that he was supposed to be killed. He couldn't. He wouldn't. He can't die, right? We aren't with WICKED anymore. Or so we thought.

Tommy continued to rub my arm. I felt something wet fall onto the top of my head. I looked up to see Tommy crying. I just hugged him harder.

"I don't want to die." He mumbled with his voice cracking.

"You won't." Minho said confidently.

"We need to get out of here. Soon." Newt said quietly.

"How?" I asked moving my head slightly away from Tommy's chest.

"I don't know love." He said softly.

"I met this boy named Aris" Tommy began "he has been here the longest so far. A week. Anyway he told me that strange things happen here. Tomorrow night, I'm going with him to see what is really going on."

"Where would you go?" Minho asked.

"In the vents." I squeezed Tommy slightly. As we all know, I hate small places.

"You don't have to go." He told me.
"Actually, if anyone wants to join me, Aris said you can."

"I'll think about it." Minho said.

"Same here."

"What are we supposed to do if Janson or one of his guards come in?" I asked with worry. This is still to much for me. I just want to be free. Free from WICKED. I want to go back home. Where I assume Tommy and I's parents are.

"Cover for me and whoever else goes. I'll tell the other Gladers tomorrow night." He said. I gave a quick nod.

Thomas's Point of View

My face was still slightly wet from when I was crying. I looked down to see Lucy getting up out of my arms and walking towards the bathroom. When she closed the door, I gave a stressful sigh.

"She's not strong enough to to handle this. You do realize that right Tommy?" Newt told me.

"I know. It's not like I can just leave her here though if we do get out."

"That's not even an option Thomas." Minho growled. Protective much?

"I don't what to do." I groaned. "Just why the hell does it have to be us?! For cryin out loud we isn't do anything!" I whispered yelled.

"Shh! You'll wake the others. I know Tommy. We will get out of this soon. I hope." Newt said. He muttered the last part.

"She is going to snap. I don't understand why. There is nothing I can do to help her though. If one of us go, she will break down." Newt said. Minho gave an eye roll.

"Minho you know it's true. I know you love her but-"

"Don't you two even realize what you are saying. As long as we stay strong, we can give her hope not to break. We'll be ok. Eventually." Minho said. Then Lucy walked back in. She sat down next to Minho, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm going to bed." Minho snapped at Newt and I. He stood up and took Lucy's hand. The both of them went to bed. I groaned lightly again, causing Newt to put his hand on my shoulder.

"Tommy. Things will get better. Ok? This will be over soon." Newt told me.

"Get some sleep. Goodnight." Newt said while getting up and walking to bed. I was left alone, thinking to myself. I wanted answers, and I want them now. When I was 100% sure everyone was asleep, I went under my bed, and moved the vent. I took a big breath, and crawled in.

I had no idea where I was going. Why I did this? Who knows. I was crawling when someone came crashing into me from another vent. They grabbed my mouth, causing me not to say anything that could get us caught.

Aris. He had shaggy blonde hair with some brown eyes. He was dressed kinda like everyone else here. He let go of my mouth, realizing who I was.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"I wanted to get an idea for tomorrow."

"Well since your here, we could do it tonight."

So, he turned around and began to crawl to an unknown place. We reached a part of the vent where it the top of the vent went up about 2 feet. He quickly crawled over to where some light was shining in.

"Hurry! You'll miss it." He whispered yelled at me. I quickly crawled over, looking down.

About 10 seconds passed until someone walked past. She was carrying lots of papers. Then she took an ID card and swiped open the door. Then two more people came walking by, but excite they had somebody under a blanket on a table. They wheeled the person into the door. Then another one came along.

"This is why I'm getting out. I don't want to be one of those." Aris said.

"You mean, those kids that get called, are those people under those blankets?" I asked.

"Yes. Now let's get back before they realize where missing." He said and began to lead the way back.

I bid Aria a goodbye and crawled underneath my bed back to where all of the Gladers where. I put the vent back on and went to bed.

I'm getting out. No, we all are.

Hello! So again I'm super sorry I haven't updated. I have had Midterms and I needed to study. Make sure to follow me for anymore updates on what's going on ;)

Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 28 ~Aris~ Bye!

l🌞