Chapter 26

~Liars and Confusion~

Thomas's Point of View

I woke up the next morning early, I assumed. I looked around to see only Newt awake. I decide whether or not to mention why I have been acting up cause he was close to Chuck. I choose not to, hoping Luce will do the job for me.

Chuck wasn't the only reason why I was acting up. Something about this place didn't feel right. I don't think that we are safe from WICKED at all. I shrugged it off, hopefully understanding what this place is later.

I went to brush my teeth when I heard someone bang on the metal door that had been locked. I haven't even thought about not leaving the room. Everyone shot up from where they were sleeping.

I glance over at Minho who had Lucy protected in in his arms. Lucy was gripping his shirt with one hand while rubbing the top of his hand with the other.

We stood there for which felt like hours but was only 5 minutes until Janson walked in.

"Sorry about that." He chuckled. "I grabbed the wrong key."

"Why are we locked in here anyway?" Lucy asked still in Minho's arms.

"We just need to make sure that noting happens." He said quickly. To quick for me if you ask.

"Well let's get going. Time for breakfast. I'll be back in 20." He said then left.

Lucy was the first one to get up and walk towards the bathroom. Of course she would go in first, leaving the rest of us no time to do anything. I chuckled lightly to myself than got my clothes and changed.

I was wearing brown combat boots with brown cargo pants along with a blue t-shirt. Lucy walked out of the bathroom quicker than I expected. Then some on the Gladers began to go in and out.

Lucy, Newt, and Minho were all sitting together. I decided to go over since I had nothing to do anyway. Lucy was in the middle of saying something until she saw me. She gave me a big grin and said "Hi Tommy."

"Hi Lucy."

"So you guys are all better now?" Newt asked. I nodded. I still didn't want to tell Newt cause I knew that would upset him.

"Lucy later can you tell Newt why I acted the way I did."

"Sure but why me? Why don't you want to do it?"

"I don't want to upset him about Chuck."

She looked over at me and gave me a nod.

"What's in the corner of your shirt?" Lucy asked Minho while looking close at it. Minho was wearing a white t-shirt, but in the corner there were letters written in gray.

Lucy's mouth opened when she saw what the letter said.

"What do they say?" Newt asked.

"WCKD." She said. "The abbreviation for WICKED. They lied to us. They are WICKED. We need to leave now. Screw Rat Ma-"

"Calm down. Even if it is them they can't know that we know it's them." Minho said. He pulled off his shirt revealing his toned body. I glanced at Lucy who was trying not to look at Minho and blush. Minho smirked knowing she would blush.

He held the shirt in front of us so we can all see for ourselves. And Lucy was right, there in the corner of Minho's shirt, in gray, little letters stood out saying WCKD.

"Is it on your shirt?" Minho asked Lucy. Lucy shrugged and Minho looked closely towards the material.

"Minho?" Lucy asked in confusion.

"Yes love?" He said still looking at her shirt for a WCKD sign.

"What's on the back of your neck?" She asked moving his body so his back was to her. She pushed some of his hair up and looked at his neck. Newt and I moved over to see as well.

Minho
Group A
Subject A7
The Leader
Property of WCKD

"What?" I asked confused.

Lucy's Point of View

"Turn around." Minho's voice commanded at me. He seemed upset that he was tagged. I turned around, pulling my hair away from my back. His cold fingers caused me to squirm.

"Shit, you have it too." He mumbled.

"What does it say?" I asked.

A.U.-I'm making this up. I don't know even if this a tag # is on any of the other Gladers so just go along with it. Thank youse♥️

Olivia
Group A
Subject A15
The Help
Property of WCKD

"The help? What does that even mean?" I asked confused.

"I don't know princess." Minho mumbled. I went to look at Tommy's neck when Rat Man walked back in. Minho pulled me away last second. I mumbled a thank you.

"Let's go everyone." Janson clapped his hands. He looked over at Minho and I and my breath hitched in my throat. Minho quickly took his hand and began to rub circles on my back, relaxing me.

He gave us an 'what is going on look' then turned around, waiting for the Gladers to follow him. This time, instead of being alone, Janson brought two guards.

Minho mumbled in my ear, "Play it cool. Tell Tommy to tell Newt to shush and don't tell anyone." I nodded and went to walk to Tommy, only to be pulled back by Minho.

"Lets go you two." A guard told us.

"Use. Your. Power." Minho said quickly. I nodded quickly.

"I said lets go!" The guard said pulling us apart. Minho looked infuriated. He pushed the guard back only to be pushed against the wall.

"No!" I yelled running towards them. The guard just elbowed me in the face, causing me to stumble backwards. Once again, Minho had a switch flicked off inside of him. He punched the guard square in the face, then quickly came over to me. He helped me up and looked at my injury.

"Shuck Lucy, your bleeding." He said. "Where is Clint when you need him." He said chuckling.

Clint.

The Glade.

I can't believe I would ever say this, but I really do miss the Maze. I liked the Maze better when I was for the first couple of weeks. Things were, normal. I wish I could go back.

I didn't realize, that Tommy had that figured out already, but differently...

Hello. Cliffhanger. Oooo. I think. I have never been good at cliffhangers omg. :/ So I decided to keep the book going. Woooo. So this is going to take place in the scorch.

When I cover basically everything about what happens in the scorch, I will end the book. But I might make a squeal soozZzzz.

Also I'm going to be doing a lot of thing of memory so please forgive me if I screw up anything. Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 26 ~Liars and Confusion~ byeessss

BTW I LOVE THIS SHORT TUMBLR VIDEO OF MINHO IT IS SO ME OK BYE LOVE YOU ALL

l🌞