Chapter 21

~This Is It~

Minho's Point of View

This is it. We are almost at sundown. Almost time for the banishment. But we have a plan.

The plan was that Lucy pretends that she is still "passed out". Then we strike. We ask if anyone wants to come. Then get to the exit. I'm just hoping that this is the way out.

Gally came up to Newt Chuck and I; we were talking about tonight.

"It's time. Go get them. Now." Gally spat.

"Let's go." Newt said.

When we got there, the both of them were sleeping. Newt fumbled with the keys. He was nervous.

"Newt, it's okay. Give them to me." He handed the keys to me and I opened the gate, causing the both of them to stir.

Luce saw me and jumped up to my arms.

"Minho!" She squealed.

"Shhh! You need to be quiet. It's time to go. Everyone know what to do?" I asked. Everyone nodded.

"Thomas go out first because you awake. Lucy will come out next." I said turning my attention to her. I leaned in and she did to. She gave me a soft gentle kiss.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too. Now, play dead." I said smirking. She frowned and I can tell she was nervous.

"You'll be fine ok? I'm not letting you and Tommy in the maze alone." I said. She gave me a quick peck and hugged me. I picked her up and tied ropes around her hands.

"Ready?" I asked. She gave me a smile, not wanting to make any noise. I climbed out of the pit and we all walked towards the banish me. When we got there, Gally took Thomas and tied him up. Alex came up to take Lucy but I just ignored him.

"I'll take her." He said.

"That's fine I got her." I growled.
I tied her up and stood next to Chuck. Newt was talking quietly with Frypan. I'm assuming he was convincing him to tag along.

"It's time to start. We are here to banish Thomas and Lucy They-" Gally got cut off by Chuck throwing some rock at him. Great. We haven't even been here that long.  We attacked Gally and his builder friends. I went over to Gally and kicked him in the shin. The punched him in the stomach. Newt pulled out his machete and began to untie Tommy and Lucy. Once the were untied Lucy went over and kicked Alex in the stomach to get him out of the way. We stood in front of the maze. Lucy came and stood next to me, I intertwined our fingers together and she smiled.

"Gally, give it up! We are leaving! If anyone wants to come, now is your last chance! We aren't coming back. Your screwed if you stay." Thomas said.

"Gally, just come with us, we're getting out." Lucy said. I don't understand how she could ask him to come.

"Good luck with the Grievers." He said. We turned around, and ran into the maze.

Lucy's Point of View

The memories of the night we got stuck in the maze came back to me. I tried to ignore it though. I wanted to be strong.

Minho said that it would take about an hour or so to get there. So he would check his watch every now and the. Come to think of it, I never took my watch off. I wondered where it went. Eventually the Gladers begged him for a break. He gave in. He pulled me to the side away from everyone else.

"Love? You alright?" Minho said looking at me in the eye.

"Ye- Yes." I stutter out.

"Your not. I can tell by the look on you face, you worried that we aren't going to get out of here. Lu I promise you we will get out of here. Ok? We'll be ok." He said. Then he kissed me. Fire exploded inside of my stomach again.

I love that I can get this feeling every time we kiss. That he can make it feel like my first kiss. His tongue swept across the bottom on my lip, asking for entrance. I parted my lips a little and his tongue entered. I felt my knees go weak and Minho noticed. He picked me up and placed me against the wall, holding my hips.

We were making out for a few minutes until Newt and Tommy were standing next to us impatient.

"AHEM!" Newt coughed. I turned my head, feeling my checks heat up a bit.

"Let's go. It's weird to watch my baby sister have a make out session." Tommy said making a face of disgust.

"I'm your twin." I said.

"Yeah, but it's better this way."

"Why?"

"Cause I don't want to be called your baby brother. Especially if I'm the same age as you."

"How old do you think we are? 17?" I asked Tommy.

"16"

"17"

"16"

"17"

"1-"

"Do you guys fight over everything?" Newt asked groaning. Tommy and I chuckled. I looked around to find Minho behind us. I slowed my pace to walknext to him.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said kissing my forehead. "Now let's get out of here." We walked back to where the Gladers were and Minho got their attention.

"GUYS! It's beginning to turn dark. So we need to move faster. We're almost there. Let's go everyone." He turned around and began running.

30 minutes later

So Minho said that after we take this next turn we are there. We slowed our pace to walking. He looked around for me until he found me with Thomas. He motioned me to come over to him.

"I'll see you in a min Tommy." I said and ran over to Minho. He took my hand and intertwined our finger.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded my head. This is it. We are getting out of here. I smiled softly to myself. I looked up to Minho to see him looking down the corridor.

"Shit" he mumbled.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"Grievers are down there."

"What do we do?"

"Attention! This is it. Our way to freedom. We need to fight threw it though. There are Grievers. If we stick together, I know we can do it. So are we ready?" He asked.

Battle cries and shouts were heard.
"Let's go." Minho said dragging out the o.

With that, we turned down the corridor, ready to fight the Grievers.

Hello. So this book is coming to an end soon. Just giving you all a heads up. I don't know if I will do a squeal. So.... Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 21 ~This Is It~
Byeeeeee🤘🏼

l🌞