5

Avons POV:

Theses past couple of days I have been training my ass off. Finnick only trained me for two days. Ever since then he's been busy with his other tributes. He's made an effort to speak to me but has always been interrupted by Haymitch.

I've been really focused lately. I don't know why I'm even trying. I don't stand a chance. Every tribute this year is a career and all of them are 18. I may be good with an axe, but what if I don't get one? What if I end up with a weapons that I can't use? What if I get killed before I even get a weapon?

Tomorrow is the day of the games. I've been jittery all day. It's like 12 o'clock and I can't sleep.

I decide to sneak out of my room and try to find a place to be my temporary sanctuary.

I head to the stairs down the at the end of the hall and go all the way up to the roof. I open the door and feel a slight breeze hit my face. As I take all of the freedom in I open my eyes to see a large figure sitting on the balcony.

"Hello?"

The person turns their head and I walk closer to them. I can tell who it is as soon as I see his eyes.

"Can't sleep?"

"No. I'm guessing you can't either." I say sitting next to him.
"Nervous for your tributes?" I ask.

"Not exactly." He sighs. "You can tell me what you're so upset about." I say. "It's not like I'm going to tell anyone..." I trail off.
He sighs and lowers his head.

"I'm not nervous about my tributes because I don't care. They are already trained. I'm nervous about you. I don't want you to get hurt. You're too young to die." He says sadly. His voice clearly upset.

"You should know there's no way I'm making it out alive." I stumble...

He looks at me deeply with his sea green eyes.

"You should know, that that is never going to to happen. I won't let it happen." He stares into my eyes.

He's so.... mesmerizing. He's naturally beautiful. I look away from him before it goes too far.

I look out at the city, the lights are captivating. It's reminds me of a Christmas tree.

"Well, I'm going to try to get some rest." I say getting up.

"Yeah I should probably do that too."

"Oh and uh Finnick. I actually have something for you." I say waking down the stairs with him.

"Ew what is it?" He asks excitedly.

"It's a thank you gift for helping me train. It should be in your room now."

He takes off down the hall to his room causing me to smile as I go into mine and fall asleep.

Finnicks POV:

I run into my room and see a huge box about the size of me sitting in the floor.

I wonder what it is. I open the box slowly and then I see tissue paper on top. I take the paper off to reveal.... Sugar cubes!

There has to be at least a thousand in here! I take one out and shove it in my mouth.

I grab a bowl and fill it with sugar cubes. I lay on my bed and think about tomorrow. I'm so scared. I don't want to loose her. Not that I have her. I mean, damn she's fourteen. I can't be saying I love her....

To bad I do.