6

Avon's POV:

As the tube closes around me everything falls silent. I can barely breath in here.

I'm dressed in black pants, black boots, a black shirt, and a black jacket.

As the podium stops I squint to try to see a little bit. Once my eyes are adjusted I see the arena that we were put into this year. It was filled with snow. It had huge mountains and had tons of trees.

"20, 19, 18, 17.." A man starts to say. I look at the numbers counting down. Each number I get more scared and nervous.

"15, 14, 13, 12 11."

I look around at all of the other tributes. All of them are looking at each other like a piece of steak. No one is looking at me. I hope I can just make it out of the blood bath with a back pack and an axe.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

My feet start running as fast as they could. I run into the middle of the cornucopia while all of the careers start fighting each other with their bare hands. I make it there before anyone and quickly grab 2 axes and 2 back packs.

I run off into the woods quickly only to feel a pressure hit my side.

It's the girl tribute from district 9. Her name is Kasha. She stands five foot seven and is strong as hell.

"Awe you little girl what are you gonna do?" She teases. "Kill me? You're so adorable thinking you have a chance. You're weak you-" she immediately stops. All of a sudden I see blood drip down her face. I know she has been killed. She falls lifelessly on me only to reveal another girl career.

She looks at me then turns around to start fighting another tribute.

I pick up my things and start running deep into the woods. I run for what seems like forever and finally find a perfect hiding place. It was a group of trees crowded together. The tops of the trees had leaves on them. I bet if I climb up to the top no one could ever find me... It's worth a shot.