4

Jacques

I pulled up to the arena and parked my car in the nearest parking spot.

Neriah's car was already here which is what I hoped for.

She acted like she ain't see all my texts and shit. That shit had me heated.  I waited all night for her to respond back but she didn't.

Then what really got me was she was posting all these revealing ass pictures and shit, like she don't gotta nigga. .

I went inside the arena and dropped my stuff off in the locker room.

Iman and LeBron were talking with Coach Hayes so I left them be. 

I walked to the other side of the court where Neriah's office is.

I started to knock but I heard her talking.

"You just need to ice it. The swelling has gone down a lot. I'll get it ready for you once everyone gets here. You should be able to play at the finals if you stay off your leg."

"Good looks Ri." Kyrie came out the room walking with one crutch.

"Wassup man?"

He gave me dap wth his free hand. "Nothing, I just was hollering at your girl. She getting me right so I can play next week."

"That's good man." We shared a few more words before I came in and locked the door.

"So you don't answer a niggas calls now?" Neriah sat behind her desk typing away at her computer.

"Oh you were talking to me? Because for almost the past week I haven't heard shit from you, til Unique answered your phone." She sat back in her chair and crossed her arms.

"Noah's here now what do you expect? I can't just stop taking care of him just to call you back when he needs something every second of the day."

"I'm very happy that you love your son and you're taking good care of him. I'm not trying to take that seat from you. I just was hoping to hear from my boyfriend once a day. Because there's 24 hours of the day, I'm pretty sure he's not awake that whole time." She raised an eyebrow waiting for me to respond.

"I need to go to sleep too. I sleep when he's sleep, I'm up when he's up. Sometimes I'm to tired to call you back."

She scuffed. "I sit up all day and all night filling out legal documents so I can become an official member of this team when I graduate. After I'm done with that I'm doing my school work, on 2 hour phone conferences with my professors, and studying my ass off for my end of the year finals and when I'm just closing my eyes at 5 in the morning I make sure to text you a 'I love you' or to ask 'how you and Noah are doing?' But I can even get a one word response. All you have to say is 'good' or 'okay'. This team and my school are my babies that I have to juggle everyday and I still manage to send you a text if I'm too tired to call you." A tear rolled down her face and my heart fell. I promised I wouldn't make her cry and look what I've done.

I walked over to neriah and got on my knees in front of her. "I'm  sorry baby. I'm just a little stressed out. I'm trying to get used to the whole being a dad thing and I get tired of running around all day and sleep whenever I can. And I try to make sure Noah's taken care of so he's not crying every 10 seconds like he has been doing for the past two days. Please don't be mad baby. I promise I'll make time to at least text you back. I'm not responding back to you because I've thrown you to the curb. I've just been really tired lately." She wiped her face and looked at me with a frown.

"I won't be mad if you come to my place tonight. You know I don't like sleeping without you." That made me feel even worse.

"I'll try. Unique hasn't been giving me a lot of help. She just lays around sleeping all day. If she can give me a break for tonight, I'll be over there." I kissed her and she kissed me back. "I love you Riah."